Offended and Again

Davina's P.O.V.

The hospital was actually relatively close to the High School, and larger than what I would've expected a small town hospital to look like. But I supposed sometimes people could come from all over or something if there was really good care here. And the hospital had 5 star ratings on Google.

I parked my motorcycle, not bothering to throw the tarp over it as I hurried up to the hospital doors, the intern paper in hand.

Looking around the waiting room, there were a few kids, their parents, and an older woman with her daughter. I waited patiently as the woman at the front desk talked to a patient on the phone, holding it between her cheek and shoulder as she put information in on the computer.

I reviewed the paper, making sure everything was filled out correctly. I would hate to miss this internship because of some mistake on my part.

Name: Davina Michaelson
Age: 18

(Cause someone who looks like they had a late birthday is better than a nineteen year old still in school)

School Status: High School
Birthdate: April 7
Home Status: Alone
Marital Status: Single
Blood type:

Damn, I wanted to be a doctor and I didn't even know my own blood type. That wasn't going to look good at all.

I wished I could find my hospital files from the accident about what blood they'd used to replenish my blood, but it had been to difficult to look at. Now, I was paying the price. I would just have to explain that I simply didn't know.

The secretary put the receiver down and smiled up at me, "Hello, how can I help you today?"

"Umm, hi." I said, becoming rather awkward again. "I wasn't really sure where I was supposed to turn this in?" I handed her the internship paper and her face became just slightly hard as she glanced at it.

Her smile was more forced when she turned to me, "You don't know your blood type?"

"It's on one of my hospital records but I haven't had the chance to look at it." I replied.

"Are you sure you even want this internship or is just to try and get with Dr. Cullen?" The woman asked in a low whisper.

I swear to God I saw red.

Carlisle P.O.V.

I was walking down the hallway talking with one of my nurses when I overheard Karen at the front desk ask, "you don't know your blood type?"

I frowned slightly, telling Nurse Kelly to go on without me as I needed to 'make a phone call'. I stopped so I could listen, unsure who Karen was talking to.

A voice I had never heard before said in a rather awkward tone, "It's on one of my hospital records but I haven't had the chance to look at it."

Strange, they couldn't possibly have hospital records here, I didn't forget voices, and this one was rather pleasant. I could listen to this girl speak for a long time and never get tired of her voice, something that was strange as I had never felt that way before about anyone.

Even though Karen lowered her voice, I could still hear her as she muttered, "Are you sure you even want this internship or is it just to try and get with Dr. Cullen?"

I almost sighed aloud. Of course, another girl intern. That was a bit of a disappointment.

I was rather surprised when the girl burst out rather angrily, "Look, I don't even know who Dr. Cullen is or what he looks like! I can name every bone in the human body, label heart diagrams from memory, I know CPR and basic first aid, and about half of the diseases that are most common in America! I am not here to bloody crush over some guy whose probably twice my age and already married. I don't care if he looks like Alan Rickman or Daniel Gilles, I'm trying to intern so I can learn to be an Anesthesiologist and I'm honestly offended that you think so lowly of a girl you don't know sh- crap about."