Family Loyalty vs Secrets

Davina P.O.V.

"That smells wonderful mom." Jared said, inhaling as I brought the large crockpot that was filled with stew into Emily's house.

"I just hope it tastes good." I admitted, "I didn't have it cook as long since I was in a rush."

"I'm sure it'll taste great!" Seth said excitedly.

"Well hey Seth. I never see you around!" I said excitedly, giving him a huge hug. He was still small despite becoming a wolf, probably because he was still rather young, only fifteen.

"Sam makes him stay home and keep his nose in the books." Paul said with a grin.

"Say, where is Sam?" I asked, looking around. Everyone was here, even Leah who didn't like me much, but Sam was nowhere to be seen.

"He'll be back." Leah grunted.

"Great!" I said, trying to stay excited with Leah's blatant hostility. Unlike the boys, she had been hard set against my mother presence in the group. Even more so once she realized that Carlisle and I were together again. At least my boys respected it.

Seth was easily my favorite with Jared, Embry, and Paul following close behind. Well, I mean, Sam was my brother so he wasn't counted in it. Quil and Leah were lower, though I still cared for them.

Jared had imprinted on a girl named Kim so he wasn't around as much, but he was here today and I was glad to see him.

Emily had made bread rolls to go with the stew.

"Hey Davina. Emily." Sam said, walking in. He touched my shoulder briefly, kissing Emily, and Leah turned her back on them. I knew Sam felt absolutely horrible and things were terrible for the wolves when they and Leah shared minds. "Do you have any interesting news we might care about?"

"Eh." I said with a slight shrug, grabbing large bowls to serve the stew in. "We're just keeping an eye on Seattle. But that's about it."

"Why? What's going on in Seattle?" Jared asked.

"Not sure." I said with a slight frown. "Carlisle thinks they're vampires causing the havoc. But. . . at the same time, it could be a human. But if things get worse they'll go to Seattle to check it out."

"They'll kill the other vampires?" Leah asked skeptically, almost scoffing at me.

"Well, yeah. The Cullens care about human life Leah." I murmured softly. "Anyways, anything new on Victoria?"

Half of them snorted whenever I gave vampires their names. "Nothing." Quil said.

Emily and I dished out food, and as custom, the two of us ate against the counters while the boys- and now one girl- ate heavily at the table.

I was lost in thought, staring out the window. I would have to go back to Kentucky soon, visit the graves. I was only allowed in once a year with two military escorts. Mostly for my protection. I sighed heavily, pushing the uneaten stew away.

I didn't really want to go, but I knew that if I didn't go and mourn my parents in the public, everyone would wonder why the 'innocent' daughter wasn't at the grave on the anniversary of their deaths.

All of the deaths.

"Davina?" Sam asked quietly and I found him standing behind me, "Are you alright?"

I looked at him blankly and then said, "Yeah, yeah I-"

My phone rang. Assuming it was Carlisle or one of my vampire kids, I picked up the phone, "Hello?"

"Ah, Miss Michaelson, it's good to hear you."

"Oh." I muttered, "What the hell do you want?"

The wolves all turned to look at me in interest.