I Get into Awkward Confrontations with Strangers and I Make a Stupid Decision

Davina P.O.V.

I slept most of the car ride to Phoenix. Jasper and Alice, not needing to sleep, drove all through the night and into the morning, finding a hotel near the airport.

I hated airports. Truly hated them with a passion. Not anything against planes or flying in general. I just hated customs.

Now, I sat in the hotel room, bored already. Alice and Jasper had made me shut my phone off so it couldn't be tracked and I was bored out of my mind. Bella was still asleep and Alice was ordering room service at the moment so that I could eat.

"I need sugar." I muttered. "Cinnamon buns are the best thing right now."

"Right." Alice said.

"It'll be alright Mama." Jasper murmured quietly. "Carlisle will be fine."

I swallowed hard and nodded.

The TV was on, something uninteresting playing on it. Jasper was sitting at the chair at the desk in the corner of the room, just staring at the TV, but not really seeing it. It looked like he was looking through it. Maybe he was. Could vampires see through solid surfaces if they tried hard enough?

Alice had gone into Bella's room and I could hear low voices so I assumed that Bella was up. There was a knock at the door which Jasper was in front of in a flash, waiting a moment, before opening the door and letting the room service in.

There were other foods besides Cinnamon buns- scrambled eggs, toast, sausages and bacon, some fruit, and different cartons of juice.

My stomach grumbled, famished.

The cinnamon rolls were small enough that I could stuff them into my mouth whole, but I decided to try and attempt being more ladylike, eating them in two bites.

Bella came out, dressed in Esme's clothes, to sit on the floor by the coffee table where Jasper had placed the food, starting to eat. Bella didn't really eat though, just picking at her food, her gaze shifting between Alice, Jasper, myself, and the TV.

"What's wrong Alice?" Bella asked as I made my way up off the floor to the couch, curling into a ball.

"Nothing's wrong." Alice said lightly.

"What do we do now?"

"We wait for Carlisle to call." Alice explained simply and I looked up at her.

"And should he have called by now?" I asked. Alice didn't answer, but her eyes must've done something as Bella asked, slightly panicked, "What does that mean? That he hasn't called yet?"

"It just means that they don't have anything to tell us." Alice replied.

Jasper appeared behind Alice as though he'd apparated and said, "Bella. You have nothing to worry about. You are completely safe here."

"I know that." Bella replied.

"Then why are you frightened?" He asked, his gaze switching between Bella and I as though he'd misread where the fear was coming from.

But it was most definitely coming from Bella. I wasn't exactly scared. I knew Carlisle could take care of himself and with Esme, Rose, Emm bear, And Eddie with him, there was nothing to be afraid of.

"You heard what Laurent said. He said James was lethal. What if something goes wrong, and they get separated? If something happens to any of them, Carlisle, Emmett. . . Edward. . . If that wild female hurts Esme. . . How could I live with myself when it's my fault? None of you should be risking yourself for me-"

"Bella stop." I said quickly, rising from my place on the couch. I had always thought- perhaps because I was always meant to be the mother- of Jaz, Ali, Rose, Eddie, and Em as my kids. And if Bella was going to be with Edward, that made her another one of my daughters. "Eddie loves you. And the thing about love Bella, is it makes people do stupid things. Things other people couldn't comprehend. And the thing is, Jaz, Ali, Rose, Em, they all love Eddie too, which means that they want to protect you, because you make him happy. And they are strong. And Edward has the advantage. He'll always know his opponents moves. And Emmett is incredibly strong, he's not going to be bested in a fight. Esme and Rose can hold their weight too."