I Decide to Be an Idiot. Oh Wait-

Davina P.O.V.

Bella and my feet pounded against the sidewalk as we ran from her house to the ballet studio. I made sure the pepper spray was in my pocket and so was the wooden stake I had made out of one of the broken chairs in the garage while Bella was calling James.

I had a plan so she had told him that I had been unable to make it. I slowed down as we neared the Ballet studio, stepping into the shadow of someone's house while she continued on into the studio.

I waited, counting the seconds. I had told her that I would wait two minutes before I would barge in there and become a distraction.

My phone was ringing like crazy and I realized that I couldn't have that! I didn't completely shut my phone off, but I did make sure that the notifications were on silent.

Then, I gripped the stake in one hand, my hand on the pepper spray in my pocket.

Did pepper spray affect vampires? Wasn't sure. Now wasn't the best time to try a theory. Wasn't really sure a stake would work either. So I had a backup surprise in my other back pocket. Yes, I was always full of surprises.

I crept into the Ballet studio, barely letting any light in. James was holding a recorder in one hand and he was talking quietly to Bella. ". . .did smell so delicious. Much like your black-haired friend I'll go after next. I still regret that I never got to taste. . . she smelled even better than you do. Sorry- I don't mean to be offensive. You have a very nice smell. Floral, somehow. . . the other girl on the other hand smells so so good. Fruit like."

I scowled. Great.

James took another step towards Bella, lifting a lock of her hair, and I was pretty sure he was pulling a Joe Biden and smelling her except- in this case- he had every right to smell her. I guess?

"No. I don't understand. Well, I suppose we should get on with it. And then I can call your friends and tell them where to find you, and my little message. Maybe I'll get lucky, hide somewhere nearby and they'll bring the black-haired girl." He set the camera up so that it could get a nice view of the entire room.

Bella tried running and he was in front of her, kicking her in the chest. She flew backwards, crashing into the mirrors. He walked towards her, his back to me. The mirror had crashed, he wouldn't see me coming.

Of course, he'd probably hear, smell, and taste that I was coming, but maybe I'd get a little luck on my side.

I darted forwards, jumping, slamming the stake down into his neck.

Actually, much to my surprise, it work for the most part, going through his neck with a little difficulty and I jerked my arms to the right along with my body, attempting to disconnect his head with his body.

He spun, sending my body flying. Luckily, I managed to twist my body so that I landed on my feet. Those Tae Kwon Do and gymnastics lessons really paid off.

He jerked the stake out of his neck, tossing it to the side.

"Well, well, well. And what's your name angel?"

"Nobody." I snarked.

"Ah, a literary fan. I must say, I've never cared for reading myself. But Odysseus is a classic."

Bella had been doing pretty good, crawling towards the exit until James caught sight of her in one of the mirrors.

"Oh. I see now."

He zoomed forwards, towards me, probably expecting me to still be there. But the moment he'd stopped speaking, I'd dropped down so that his arms wrapped around air. Very quickly, I jerked upwards with my knee, connecting with his most manly parts and then spraying him in the eyes with the pepper spray.