We Get Some Help

Carlisle, Esme, and I were now walking rather hurriedly after an Egyptian man- Amun- as we tried to convince him to come with us.

"Amun, please!" Carlisle begged as I tiptoed lightly after him.

"I cannot help you, Carlisle." Amun said, stopping long enough to turn and face us.

"We're not asking you to fight." I whispered. "Just to look. Our kids are in danger."

His mates face softened a little bit at my begging, but Amun was not so easily persuaded.

"I wouldn't ask if it weren't urgent." Carlisle said, putting a hand on Amun's arm.

At that moment, the water in the fountain started shifting upwards, creating a barrier between the exit and us. Carlisle and Esme looked at me.

I shrugged, "It wasn't me."

I looked across the water to see a younger man, quite handsome looking in fact, his hands raised, looking over at us, "I'd like to hear about it. I never get to meet any of Amun's friends. He likes to keep me hidden."

There was a young woman next to him as well. Must be his mate.

"I can't imagine why." Carlisle answered and I honestly couldn't pick up if it was sarcasm or not.

The young man let the water drop and as it went to splash all over us, I took control of the water, making it shape into two large balls, resting above the palms of my hands before I let it settle back down into the fountain gently.

"Hasn't anyone ever told you it's impolite to splash guests?" I asked with a smirk.

He smirked back and we all moved to meet each other at the other end of the fountain.

The boy reached his hand out to me first, "Davina." I said.

"Benjamin." He said, "Nice to meet another elemental."

"Only water." I said, withdrawing my hand.

"Carlisle." Carlisle said as his hand was shaken next.

We sent them on their way, moving to Japan next.

There was a nomad there named Toshiro. He told Carlisle that he would debate coming to Forks and would think about it.

As Carlisle and Esme turned to leave I said, "You might think that you would be safer staying here. But Aro will know whether or not you even decided to come for a split second. And that split second. . ."

And with that I disappeared into the shadows, letting him think my words over.

And finally, we returned with the very last witness. Alistair. A nomad. I honestly couldn't stand him as I sat in the front seat, pitying Esme who was sitting beside him.

Bella and Edward came to greet us out front.

"How many came?" Carlisle asked in greeting of Edward.

"Eighteen." Edward said. "You have some good friends."

I guess Toshiro hadn't shown up. Pity.

"And Alice?" Esme asked.

Bella just shook her head, making Esme pull her into a tight hug. Marcel was leaning against the door frame of the house, waiting for Esme to come in.

"Where's Caroline, Nik, and Sammy?" I asked Bella.

"Upstairs with Seth and Leah." Edward said. "They like staying away from the vampires. It makes Leah's skin crawl."

I smirked, disappearing into the house. I winked at Benjamin as I passed by, smiling at Tia- his mate, as well. I could see everyone else that had shown up.