Fights, Apologies, and Deals

Davina P.O.V.

Sam hadn't dropped me off home for more than half an hour before there was a knock at the door. I glanced at the clock. It was a night that I wasn't going to be sleeping, so I hadn't bothered to even try.

All I had was the comforting knowledge that it most likely wasn't Victoria, as she probably wouldn't knock on the door.

"It's open." I shouted from the kitchen. I was busy making a pot roast for tomorrow morning that I was going to bring to the wolves down at La Push. The fact that Leah was a werewolf was incredibly interesting, but also sad because I could only assume that it was Harry's death that had triggered their transformations.

But maybe, this would make Leah and I closer as I would get to be a mother of the only daughter wolf.

"Hi."

I froze. It definitely wasn't who I was expecting. And it was the last person that I wanted to see.

"I thought you were going back to Denali." I said roughly, not bothering to turn around and face Carlisle. I really didn't want to see him. My self control would crumble. I didn't want to cry in front of him and I most certainly didn't want to come off as the weak woman because I went back with him.

I wasn't Bella.

I wasn't Jessica with Mike.

I wasn't Damon every time Katherine came around.

I was Davina Fucking Michaelson. I had been through hell and back.

"We've decided to stay."

"Oh how bloody wonderful." I said with false cheerfulness.

Carlisle was silent and then said, "I don't hate you."

I slammed the knife down, spinning on him. "Oh really? Because that's really how it feels."

"Davina." Carlisle murmured. He had so much regret and sorrow in his eyes I wanted to believe him. "I can explain."

'Don't be weak'.

"Please. Go ahead." I almost snarled the words at him. "Please explain to me how you thought it was okay for Edward to tell me you were leaving me. Please explain how you used Edward to break up with me. Please explain how Edward had to be the one to tell me I was terrible, horrible for you. That I wasn't good enough for you. Please. I knew that. I knew I wasn't good enough for you, but you could've at least been the one to tell me! Please explain how you thought it was a fabulous idea to leave me with a fucking soulmate bond between us so strong that I was sick for an entire week because your presence was missing. Please explain to me why you had to leave and Courtney had to put me on anti-depressants because my body physically couldn't cope without your soul to balance it out! Please explain to me why leaving was so important that my body physically weakened! I can't fucking eat. I can't fucking sleep! I have constant headaches and I feel like complete shit! Please explain to me that everything you said- every time you said you loved me, that I was yours, and your soulmate and all this shit- explain how you could lie so easily to me. Please explain why you left me here- almost defenseless. If it wasn't for Sam- if it wasn't for the wolves- I would be dead three times over! Once from Laurent. Twice from Victoria! Explain that will you! I'm dying to know!"

I huffed, tears threatening to spill over the rims of my eyes. Carlisle stood there, frozen in shock at my outburst. I turned my back on him. I physically didn't have the energy to deal with this right now.

There was another knock at the door. "It's open!" I shouted, leaning heavily on the counter, my head swimming. The last time I felt like this I'd fainted in Emily's kitchen.