Bella's Wedding and My Funeral

Davina P.O.V.

"I still can't believe it." I laughed with Marcel and Bree, sitting on top of the Cullens roof. I was wearing an oversized sweatshirt that covered up the large baby bump I was hiding from the rest of the family.

Marcel grinned at me, his orangey-yellow eyes gazing at me. "I love Esme. And I was meant to be a vampire."

I had no idea how I was pregnant. Or when I became pregnant. All I knew was that it wasn't a normal pregnancy.

Bree was very quiet. She had told me that in the newborn coven, she had found a temporary mate whose name was Diego. We had, of course, killed him as he had tried to kill us, but they weren't super close and it wasn't a painful thing for her- that much.

I stared up at the setting sun. It was nearing the end of July, Bella's wedding would be very, very soon, and I was sure I was going to give birth any moment.

I knew it had to be Carlisle's baby because I had started drinking some of the blood bags that Carlisle had stocked away for emergencies only. Not to mention whenever I continued interning at the hospital, I snuck into the blood storage room and stole a couple. . . a lot.

I was terrified. I didn't feel terribly sick or anything and I looked mostly the same but still. . . it wasn't every day that a girl got pregnant with a vampire child.

I had tried running private tests- I was an almost doctor after all- but I could get ultrasounds to penetrate through the membrane.

"Still." I said, becoming slightly serious. "What about the army? You won't be able to fight on the front lines until you can control your thirst better."

Marcel made a face at me. "I know. I told them I had to take a break for medical leave. Carlisle provided me with the papers."

I chuckled. "The perks of knowing a vampire doctor."

Vampire life suited Marcel wonderfully. The paleness of vampirism and the darkness of his original skin tone made him extremely handsome.

Actually, we might as well just say he looked like if someone put Marcel Gerard from The Originals, Kingsley Shacklebolt from Harry Potter, Mace Windu from Star Wars, and Sam from the Avengers together you got Marcel. . . okay so maybe just Marcel and Sam but still.

I felt something kick inside of me and I covered up a wince.

"What was that?" Marcel and Bree asked together.

I smirked, covering it up, "Like I would know. You two are the ones with the superb hearing. Bree, do you want to go down and watch Hamilton?"

Bree's yellow eyes lit up. "Yeah!"

Marcel scoffed, "Hamilton? Really?"

"Esme loves Hamilton." I jested and Marcel glared at me.

I held out my arms. "Help me down?"

Marcel stood up, opening his arms. I situated myself so that my stomach wasn't against him and he jumped from the roof. The landing was slightly jarring. As he let me down on my feet, Bree landed next to us.

Upon seeing Edward, I quickly changed my thoughts from baby vibes to my excitement for Hamilton.

Things had changed after the newborn attack.

For one, Esme had told Marcel about us being vampires. Marcel had accepted it without question and had asked her to turn him that same night. Surprised, but worried, she brought him back to the house. Carlisle and him had talked for a while- I had sat there quietly the entire time, one of Carlisle's arms wrapped around my waist tightly- and finally Carlisle decided to turn him.