|26| I Know

Do you prefer to dress fancy or dress comfy?👗🧣
I prefer to be comfy. I love wearing leggings, sweat pants, and sweat shirts.

Enjoy the chapter!

▫️▫️▫️

After we got finished swimming and had lunch by the pool, everyone went back to work. Since my job at the cafe is not clear right now, I have nothing to do. I just realized that I didn't show up to the cafe like I was supposed to. I'm definitely fired now.

I'm sitting in the library they have in the house, trying to focus on the book I'm reading. I'm just flipping through pages when Angelo, Lorenzo, and Ales's mom walks in.

"Oh. I didn't expect you to be in here, dear," she says, walking over to one of the bookshelves. She grabs a book before sitting on the couch across from me.

"Yeah. I thought I would come read. Since everyone else is busy," I respond to her and she nods her head.

"When I come over, I always stop by here. Spend a little time to myself and with books. It's just peaceful like this," her words peak my curiosity. See. She gets it.

"Exactly. I'm so glad someone understands," I smile at her, which she returns with a smile of her own.

"I'm always coming over to see my boys but also mainly for the library," she chuckles out. "But don't tell them I said that," she says jokingly. I nod, pretending to seal my lips and throw away the key.

We sit there for a little while, not saying anything, just enjoying the quietness and reading. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of us flipping the pages in our books.

"So, how are things between you and my son?" I look up from my book at her question. Wow, that came out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" I ask her. There's nothing going on between me and Angelo. At least, I don't think there is.

"Oh, please. He stood in front of a gun for you. He wouldn't do that for anyone besides family," she looks at me lovingly.

He did stand in front of the gun for me and pulled a gun on his father. "You're one special girl. I've never seen my son like this before," she closes her book and stands up.

She walks over to me, gently taking my hands in hers. "Give him a chance," she squeezes my hands before she turns and walks away. Give him a chance.

~~~~~

I stay in the library a little longer to contemplate things before I make my way to Angelo's office. Yep, I finally figured out the ins and outs of this place. After many tours and memorizing, I finally figured it out. Im feeling very proud.

When I reach his office, I take a deep breath before knocking on the door. I hear a faint 'come in' and walk in. Angelo is sitting at his desk and he looks up upon hearing the door open.

"Sabrina," he says, and I love the way my name rolls off his deep voice. He sets his pen down, giving me his full attention as he leans back in his chair.

"Hi," I start off and decide to just go with it. "I have decided to forgive you," I tell him, as I walk around his desk, coming to a stop in front of him. He raises his eyebrows in surprise, like he can't believe what I'm saying.