Paths Cross

"You called me Joey." She smiled. Dean chuckled.
"Yeah, it's your name right?" He smiled. She gave a sad smile.
"I haven't been called Joey in years. Your dad was the last person I remember calling me that." Joan said.
"Bobby won't even call me that." She looked at Dean. Dean smiled at the ground. "What?" She asked.
"I remember when we first met." He looked up at her.
"I know I kicked your ass." She laughs.
"No. I don't remember it like that."

Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
1997

A sixteen year old, Joan Smith walks out of a movie theater. At the same time, an eighteen year old, Dean walks on the sidewalk. The clashes into each other.
"Oh, I'm so sorry." Joan said as she got up.
"No. No, no, no. It's fine. It's totally my fault." Dean said. They both looked at each other and chuckle. Dean helped her up.
"Got you good, didn't I?" Dean said. Joan smiled as she stood. Dean chuckled.
"I can take a hit." Joan said.
"I'm sorry. I should have been watching where I was going." Dean apologized.
"Me too." Joan said as she fixed her backpack. Dean saw the Titanic poster
"Well, how is the movie?" Dean tried to start small talk. Joan looked at him.
"Oh, I didn't see it." She informed. She pulled a box of candy. "I just came for the snacks." Dean looked at the candy. "But I heard it's good." Joan smiled.
"M'n'M's Nice choice." Dean said.
"They're on the house." Joan pushed the candies out to him. He room them.
"Thanks." He looked at the box. Then up to Joan but she was already walking away.
"Hey I didn't get your name!" Dean said.
"I'll see you around." Joan continued walking. Dean sighed as he walked away in the opposite direction. Joan looked back and watched Dean walk away, before she crossed the street. Dean did the same.

Joan walked till she got to her 69 dodge charger. She got in and started the car. She sighed. She drove off to one house she was to familiar with.

The house came up in the distance. She drove up to the house. She exited the car and walked up to the house.
"Bobby?" She called out. The the grown man walked in.
"Hey kiddo." Bobby smiled. "We're going to have some people here." Bobby said as he organized his books. Joan picked up some.
"Was it that guy you were arguing over the phone with?" Joan asked. Bobby sighed.
"Yeah." Bobby answered.
"So I talked to some friends." Joan started.
"No just cause I talk to them don't make them your friends." Bobby placed the books down. "And no. You're not going on a case." Joan's head fell back.
"I wasn't asking that I knew you were going to say no." Joan huffed. "I was just asking ya know if I could help with information. They're tracking a demon." Joan put the books down.
"No. Absolutely not. You know what happened to your mother." Bobby said , walking away.
"Yes I know what happened to my mom. I WAS THERE!" She said. Bobby looked at her. Joan walked out of the room.
"Joan." Bobby said trying to get her attention.

Dean walked down to the motel his dad and brother were at. He opened the door. Sam was on one of the beds reading a book.
"Hey Sammy." Dean said, flopping on the bed Sam was on. Sam groaned.
"Come on Dean." Sam looked at his older brother. Dean chuckled.
"Bitch." Dean said.
"Jerk." Sam threw back. They both laughed. That was until John walked in. Dean and Sam sat straight up and at attention.

They watched as the father sit down and go through his journal. Dean watched him write stuff down. John looked up.
"You two pack up. We're meeting someone." John said getting out of his seat and grabbed his already packed bag.
"Yes, Sir." Sam and Dean said. They grabbed their bags as John left again.
Sam got right up and started packing. Dean sighed.
"You think he'll talk about this case with us?" Sam asked. Dean shrugged throwing clothes in his duffel bag.
"Don't get your hopes up Sammy." Dean said. Sam nodded.
Sam and Dean walked to the car outside. They got in. Dean put on leftoverture. Carry on wayward son blasted through the stereo. John started the car and drove off.

They pulled up to a house. The three exited the car. Dean looked around.
"Come on, Sammy." Dean said grabbing the bags. They walked up to the house and knocked on the door. Bobby answered.
"John." Bobby said with no emotion. Then he looked at Dean with a small smile. Bobby new these boys since they were young.
"Robert." John said. Bobby let them in. The boys put their bags down.
"I got food in the kitchen if you boys want some." Bobby said. "I got ya pie too Dean."
"Yeah." He muttered happily. Sam rolled his eyes.
"You two don't mind sharing a room?" Bobby asked. They both shook their heads no. "I have someone over and they'll be her for a while." Bobby said walking out.

Dean and Sam were in the kitchen.
"Where did you get M'n'M's from?" Sam asked.
"Bumped into this girl in town. She gave me them." Dean said as he stuffed his mouth with the candies.
"I bet that wasn't the only thing she gave." Sam muttered.
"Hey watch it." Dean said strictly.
"Bobby! I'm going to head out!" The two hear a girl talk. They both looked at each other than back to where the voice came from. "Bobby?" They hear the voice. Dean walked to the door way. At the same time so was Joan. Joan turned the corner hearing footsteps that weren't Bobby's. Joan rushed forward into the door and tackled the mystery person, choking them in the floor.
"Son of Bitc..." Dean said.
"DEAN!" Sam yelled. The two men rushed in the room. John shook his head.
"Joan ya could let him go." Bobby said. Joan looked up and saw everyone looking at her. She loosened her arm around the person now known as Dean. She looked down at him. He looked up at her.
"What are you doing here?" She asked, confused.
"You did say see ya around." Dean smirked. Joan pushed him away. "Ow." Dean said.

Bobby looked at them confused.
"He ran into me at the theater." Joan explained as she got up. Dean got up as well. She looked at him.
"Got ya good didn't I?" She gave a fake smile. Dean scoffed.
"I can take a hit." Dean mocked her.
"Not with what we saw, you don't." John said.

2005
They both smiled at each other.
"Yeah I guess you did kick my ass." Dean laughed. Joan chuckled. Joan's phone rang. "Who is it?" Dean asked.
"I don't know." She looked at the phone. She answered.
"Hello?" She said.
"Joan, I need you back at the house." She heard Bobby.
"I can't right now." She answered. Dean looked confused. She looked at Dean then got up and walked outside.
Dean watched her.
"Joan, I need you here." Bobby said again.
"Bobby... I'm on a case..." Bobby cut her off. "Carlos said you were in California, are you?" He asked.
"No, I'm in Colorado. Sam thinks it's a skinwalker or something." Joan said.
"Sam?" Bobby asked confused.
"Winchester. I'm with John's boys. I met them in California and they asked for help. I promise once this is done, I'm back home." Joan said.

Joan walked back into the motel.
"You okay?" Dean asked. She nodded.
"Yeah." She walked back to the couch.
"Well, who was it?" He asked. Joan looked back at him.
"Oh... uh nothing important." Joan said. Dean looked at her confused.
Just before Dean could ask questions Sam walked in.