A Wendigo

Sam walked in the motel room.
"Here's your milkshakes." Sam put them on the table.
"Ooo, nice chocolate." Dean smiled. Joan grabbed the vanilla one. Sam was already drunk his strawberry one.
"Thanks" Joan smiled.
"No problem." Sam walked over to one of the beds. "So what you guys doing?" Sam asked.
"You remember when we met?" Dean asked. Sam nodded.
"Yeah man, she totally wiped the floor with you." Sam laughed.
"Not the point." Dean said with a bitch face. "We were.." Joan cut him off.
"Reminiscing." Joan sipped her milkshake.

They all got up early to leave for the woods. Dean opens the trunk of the Impala, then the weapons box, and props it open with a shotgun. He puts some guns in a duffel bag. Sam leans in.
"We cannot let that Haley girl go out there." Sam said. Joan walked to her car.
"Oh yeah? What are we gonna tell her? That she can't go into the woods because of a big scary monster?" Dean asked.
"Yeah." Sam said seriously. Dean looks at Sam.
"Her brother's missing, Sam. She's not gonna just sit this out. Now we go with her, we protect her, and we keep our eyes peeled for our fuzzy predator friend." Dean picks up the duffel.
"Finding Dad's not enough?" Sam asked. Sam slams the weapons box shut, then the trunk. "Now we gotta babysit too?" Sam argued. Dean stares at Sam. Joan walked over. "What?"
"Nothing." Dean answered. He throws the duffel bag at Sam and walks off. Sam stares after him.
"Hey!" Dean stopped walking hearing Joan yell. Joan walked over in between them. She looked at Sam.
"Yeah and I'm not the same be babysitting you two?" She asked. Dean turned around. "I didn't ask to be here, alright." She looked at Dean.
"I get where you coming from, but you can't let thing give you this tunnel vision." She pauses. "We were here for John and that's what we're going to do." Dean went to argue but Joan looked at Sam. "But we have to help that girl. Saving people, hunting things?" She looked at both of them.
"Isn't that why you hunt?" She asked. The two looked away. "So quit being so bitchy and pack up. We hall ass in 30." She stormed off to her car.

A Man, Roy, talks to Haley and Ben while checking a shotgun. They're all carrying full backpacks.
"I'll tell you again, I don't think Ben should come." Roy said.
"Roy.." Roy cut Haley off.
"Look, you're paying me good money to keep everybody safe. I think Ben's safest at home." Roy explained.
The Charger and Impala pull up. ROY, Haley, and Ben stare. Haley shakes her head. The three get out of the cars. Sam opens the back door of the Impala and pulls out the duffel bag. So does Joan.
"You guys got room for three more?" Dean asked.
"Wait, you want to come with us?" Haley asked.
"Who are these guys?" Roy asked. Haley.
"Apparently this is all the park service could muster up for the search and rescue." Haley answered.
Sam and Joan head past everyone.
"You're rangers?" Roy asked.
"That's right." Dean smirked.
"And you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans?" Haley asked. Dean looks down at himself.
"Well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts."
Dean heads past Haley.
"What, you think this is funny? It's dangerous back country out there. Her brother might be hurt." Sam and Joan turn back.
"Believe me, I know how dangerous it can be. We just wanna help them find their brother, that's all." Joan answered.

The group hikes through the forest, Roy in the lead, then Dean, Haley, Ben, Joan, and Sam bringing up the rear.
"Roy, you said you did a little hunting." Dean said.
"Yeah, more than a little." Roy answered.
"Uh-huh. What kind of furry critters do you hunt?" Dean asked with a smirk. Joan looked at Sam. They both rolled their eyes.
"Mostly buck, sometimes bear." Roy said. Dean passes Roy.
"Tell me, uh, Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back?" Dean bugged Roy. Roy grabs Dean. "Whatcha doing, Roy?"
Roy grabs a stick and pokes the bear trap Dean had almost stepped in. Haley looks annoyed.
"You should watch where you're stepping. Ranger." Roy drops the stick and retakes the lead.
"It's a bear trap." Informs everyone.

They hike on. Haley catches up to Dean.
"You didn't pack any provisions. You guys are carrying a duffel bag. You're not rangers." Haley grabs Dean's arm.
"So who the hell are you?" She asked.
Ben goes past Haley and Dean. Sam and Joan look at Dean.
"Sam and I are brothers, and we're looking for our father. He might be here, we don't know. I just figured that you and me, we're in the same boat." Dean explains.
"What about Joan? Is she like your girlfriend?" She asked. Dean shook his head. He looked back to see that Joan and Sam talking.
"No just an old friend who we met along the way." Dean looked back at Haley.
"Why didn't you just tell me that from the start?" She asked.
"I'm telling you now. 'sides, it's probably the most honest I've ever been with a woman. ...ever. So we okay?" He asked. A pause.
"Yeah, okay." Haley nodded.
"And what do you mean I didn't pack provisions?" Dean said as he pulls out a big bag of peanut M&Ms and sticks his hand in the bag as he hikes on. Haley waits a moment, then follows.

Roy leads the way, followed by Sam, Joan, Ben, Haley, and Dean.
"This is it. Blackwater Ridge." Joan walks past Roy.
"What coordinates are we at?" She asked. Roy pulls out a GPS, which reads N 35o 45.383, W 111o 00.55.
"Thirty-five and minus one-eleven." Roy answered. Joan nodded.
Dean comes up to Joan. They listen.
"You hear that?" Dean asked. Joan nodded.
"Yeah. Not even crickets." Sam walked up to them.
"I'm gonna go take a look around." Roy said.
"You shouldn't go off by yourself." Joan said.
"That's sweet." Roy smiled. Dean gave Roy a bitch face. "Don't worry about me." Roy said. Roy waves his gun and pushes between Dean and Sam to retake the lead. Dean turns back to the others as Ben and Haley catch up.
"All right, everybody stays together. Let's go." Dean said. Joan made sure they were alright giving them her water bottle.

Sam, Joan, Dean, Ben, and Haley are looking around near a large rock.
"Haley! Over here!" Roy yelled.
Haley runs towards Roy's voice, followed closely by the others. They come to a halt.
"Oh my God." Haley said. The tents are torn open and bloody and all the supplies are scattered.
"Looks like a grizzly." Roy said.
Dean, Joan, and Haley look around.
"Tommy?" Haley called out.
Haley takes off her backpack and goes through the campsite. "Tommy!" She yelled. Joan moves to catch up with Haley.
"Hey be quite." Joan said.
"Why?" Haley asked a little angry.
"Something might still be out there." Joan argued.
"Sam. Joan." Dean said. The two go over to Dean, snapping a stick, and crouches next to him.
"The bodies were dragged from the campsite. But here, the tracks just vanish. That's weird." Dean said.
"I'll tell you what, that's no skinwalker or black dog." Joan said. She looked at Dean. "You got your dad's journal?" She asked. Dean nodded, going through the bag handing her the book.

Haley picks up Tom's cell phone. It's bloody. She cries. She turns the phone over and the back is open. Dean crouches next to her.
"Hey, he could still be alive." Haley gives Dean a Look.
"Help! Help!" Someone yelled.
Roy leads the way as everyone runs to the aid of the shouter. "Help! Somebody!" The person yelled again.
They find no one.
"It seemed like it was coming from around here, didn't it?" Haley said.
They listen. Joan's eyes widen.
"Everybody back to camp. Right now. Act like nothing happened. Just walk back." Joan orders.

Back at the campsite, all the supplies are missing.
"Our packs!" Haley yelled.
"So much for my GPS and my satellite phone." Roy said.
"What the hell is going on?" Haley looked at the three. Joan looked at Sam.
"It's smart. It wants to cut us off so we can't call for help." Joan said.
"You mean someone, some nutjob out there just stole all our gear." Ray asked.
Joan goes to Dean.
"I need to speak with you. In private." Joan said.

Joan, Sam and Dean head a little ways away from the group. Joan pulls out John's journal. She opens it and flips through until she finds a particular page.
"All right, check that out." Joan points to a First Nations-style drawing of a figure.
"Oh come on, wendigos are in the Minnesota woods or, or northern Michigan. I've never even heard of one this far west." Dean said.
"Think about it, Dean, the claws, the way it can mimic a human voice." Sam said.
"Great." Dean takes out his pistol. "Well then this is useless." Dean looked at his gun. Joan gives Dean back John's journal and heads past Dean, stopping for a moment.
"We gotta get these people to safety." Joan looked at Dean.

Back at the campsite, Sam addresses the group.
"All right, listen up, it's time to go. Things have gotten...more complicated." Sam said.
"What?" Haley asked.
"Kid, don't worry. Whatever's out there, I think I can handle it." Roy told Sam.
"It's not us I'm worried about. If you shoot this thing, you're just gonna make it mad. We have to leave. Now." Joan argued.
"One, you're talking nonsense. Two, you're in no position to give anybody orders." Roy looked at Joan.
"Hey!" Dean yelled. "Relax."
"We never should have let you come out here in the first place, all right? I'm trying to protect you." Sam explains. Roy steps right into Sam's space.
"You protect me? I was hunting these woods when your mommy was still kissing you good night." Joan saw something switch in Dean and Sam when Mary was brought up.
"Yeah? It's a damn near perfect hunter." Joan wakes in between Rot and Sam. "It's smarter than you, and it's gonna hunt you down and eat you alive unless we get your stupid sorry ass out of here." Joan informed. Roy laughs.
"You know you're crazy, right?" Roy said to the three.
"Yeah? You ever hunt a wen..." Joan covers Sam's mouth as Dean pushes Sam.
"Roy!" Haley yelled. "Stop. Stop it. Everybody just stop. Look. Tommy might still be alive. And I'm not leaving here without him." Haley told everyone. A long pause.
"It's getting late. This thing is a good hunter in the day, but an unbelievable hunter at night. We'll never beat it, not in the dark. We need to settle in and protect ourselves." Dean said.
"How?" Haley asked. The three looked at each other.