Town Legends

Jericho

A Young Woman is tacking up posters with Troy's face and the caption "MISSING TROY SQUIRE". Dean, Joan, and Sam approach.
"I'll bet you that's her." Dean whispered. Joan nodded.
"Yep." Sam said.
Dean, Joan, and Sam walk up to the Young Woman.
"You must be Amy." Dean said.
"Yeah." She turned to the three.
"Yeah, Troy told us about you. We're his aunt and uncles. I'm Dean, Joan and this is Sammy." Dean informed.
"He never mentioned you to me." Amy said. Amy walks away. The three walk with her.
"Well, that's Troy, I guess. We're not around much." Dean said.
"We're up in Modesto." Joan finished.
"So, we're looking for him too, and we're kinda asking around." Dean finished.
Another Young woman, Rachel, comes up to Amy and puts a hand on her arm.
"Hey, are you okay?" Rachel asked.
"Yeah." Amy whispered.
"You mind if we ask you a couple questions?" Sam asked.

Sam brings the two girls into the restaurant. Joan pulls Dean aside.
"I'm going to ask around." Joan states.
"I'll go with you." Dean said. She shook her head no.
"No stick with Sam. I got this." She said taking a step back.
"Joan, you sure?" He asked. She nodded. "Be careful."
"Always am." She smirked. She walked over to her car.

The four of them are sitting in a booth, Dean and Sam opposite Amy and Rachel.
"I was on the phone with Troy. He was driving home. He said he would call me right back, and...he never did." Amy told the two.
"He didn't say anything strange, or out of the ordinary?" Sam asked.
Amy shakes her head.
"No. Nothing I can remember." Amy answered. Sam looked at her necklace.
"I like your necklace." Sam smiled.
Amy holds the pendant she's wearing, a pentagram in a circle, and looks down at it.
"Troy gave it to me. Mostly to scare my parents..." Amy laughs. "....with all that devil stuff." Sam laughs a little and looks down, then up. Dean looks over.
"Actually, it means just the opposite. A pentagram is protection against evil. Really powerful. I mean, if you believe in that kind of thing." Sam informed.
"Okay. Thank you, Unsolved Mysteries." Dean whispered. Dean takes his arm off the back of Sam's seat and leans forward.
"Here's the deal, ladies. The way Troy disappeared, something's not right. So if you've heard anything..." Amy and Rachel look at each other. "What is it?" He asked.
"Well, it's just... I mean, with all these guys going missing, people talk." Rachel leaned forward.
"What do they talk about?" Dean and Sam speak in chorus.
"It's kind of this local legend. This one girl? She got murdered out on Centennial, like decades ago."
Dean looks at Sam, who watches Rachel attentively, nodding.
"Well, supposedly she's still out there." Sam nods. "She hitchhikes, and whoever picks her up? Well, they disappear forever." She told them.
Sam and Dean look at each other.

A few blocks away Joan is going around asking about the missing persons. She came across a husband and wife.
"Are you asking people about the missing persons?" The wife asked. Joan nodded.
"Yes, uh would you have any thoughts on it. Or anything odd happening around town you noticed?" Joan asked.
"Well there is something." The lady said. "There was a woman died in that bridge. My husband doesn't believe it could be the cause. Just some scary stories." The lady smiled. Her husband walked up and pulled her away to the next store smiling. She watched them walk away. She dropped her head down al little sad. She would never be able to have that life. Living in a nice house, newly wed, having a family. Having a white picket fence life wasn't possible.

Dean and Sam walk out to the car. Dean pulls his phone out calling Joan. His heart raced a little. He really didn't know why.
"Hello?" She answers.
"We got something." Dean said. Joan smiled.
"Same. You want to meet at the library?" She asked.
"Sure. See you in a bit." The ended the call.

In the library. They sat at the computer. A web browser is open to the archive search page for the Jericho Herald. The words "Female Murder Hitchhiking" are typed into the search box. DEAN clicks GO. The screen tells him there are "(0) Result". DEAN replaces "Hitchhiking" with "Centennial Highway" with the same response. SAM is sitting next to him, watching.
"Let me try." Sam said. Dean smacks Sam's hand.
"I got it." Dean argued.
"No you don't." Joan shoves Dean's chair out of the way so Sam can take over.
"Dude!" Dean hits Joan in the shoulder.
"You two are such a control freaks" Dean said. Joan looked back at him.
"Oh stop it." She smiled. Sam turned to look at them.
"So angry spirits are born out of violent death, right?" Sam asked.
"Yeah." The two answered as they look at Sam.
"Well, maybe it's not murder." Sam inquired. Joan's face dropped.
"Suicide." Joan said. Sam smiled nodding.

Sam replaces "Murder" with "Suicide" and finds an article entitled "Suicide on Centennial". Sam opens the article, dated April 25, 1981.
"This was 1981. Constance Welch, twenty-four years old, jumps off Sylvania Bridge, drowns in the river."
Sam read off. There's a picture of Constance; it's the Woman who killed Troy.
"Does it say why she did it?" Dean asked.
"Yeah." Sam nodded.
"What?" The two asked.
"An hour before they found her, she calls 911. Apparently her two little kids are in the bathtub. She leaves them alone for a minute, and when she comes back, they aren't breathing. Both dead." Sam informed.
Dean raises his eyebrows.

The article has a picture of Joseph next to a picture of Sylvania Bridge; it's the place Troy died.
" "Our babies were gone, and Constance just couldn't bear it,' said husband Joseph Welch."" Joan read.
"The bridge look familiar to you?" Dean asked.