Separate Ways

Dean leads the way through the woods, Molotov cocktail in hand. Joan next to Dean. Haley follows, then Ben, then Sam. They pass trees with claw marks and blood.
"Hey you ever figure out that phone call?" Dean asked. Joan looked confused for a second.
"Oh! Yeah. I.... Bobby needs me." She looked down then back to Dean. Dean nodded.
"Hey will go with ya. Meet up with the old man again." Dean chuckled.
"He knows I'm with you." She looked at Dean. Dean nodded. "I won't be able to help with finding John." Dean nodded.
"Oh, alright." Dean didn't know why he was upset that Joan had to leave. Her uncle was calling her back. She needs to go to him. But he wish she really didn't have to.

Sam is leading the group now.
"Dean. Joan." The two catch up.
"What is it?" Sam, Joan, and Dean look around at the trees. There are bloody claw marks and broken branches everywhere.
"You know, I was thinking, those claw prints, so clear and distinct. They were almost too easy to follow." Sam said. Growling. Sam, Joan, and Dean whip around. Trees rustle.
Haley is standing under a tree. Blood drips on her shirt. She notices and looks up, then leaps out of the way; Roy's corpse lands where she'd stood.

Dean examines Roy as Sam goes over to Haley. Joan goes over to Ben.
"You okay? You got it?" Sam makes sure Haley was alright.
"His neck's broke." Dean said.
Sam helps Haley up. More growling.
"Okay, run, run, run, run, go, go, go!" Dean yelled. Everybody takes off.

Ben falls and Sam hurries back to help him up. Joan stops to make sure they were both alright. Dividing the group two and two.
"Come on, I gotcha, I gotcha." Sam helped Ben.
"You both alright?" Joan asked.
"Yeah." Sam said.

Dean and Haley stop short. The wendigo is in front of them. Haley screams.
"Haley?" Ben called out. The three started running towards the sound.

The three stop running. Sam stops and picks up Dean's Molotov cocktail, the bottle broken.
"Dean!" Joan and Sam yelled.

"If it keeps its victims alive, why would it kill Roy?" Ben asked.
"Honestly? I think because Roy shot at it, pissed it off." Sam answered. Ben finds a trail of peanut M&Ms and picks one up.
"They went this way." Ben ran off.
Sam and Joan catch up to Ben, who hands over the M&M. Sam and Joan laugh.
"It's better than breadcrumbs." Joan picked on up.
Sam tosses the M&M away.
The three follow the trail. They come to a mine entrance marked with a sign that says WARNING! DANGER! DO NOT ENTER EXTREMELY TOXIC MATERIAL. Sam looks at Joan. Then the two look at Ben. Ben follows. Above the entrance is a larger sign that says KEEP OUT NO ADMITTANCE.

Sam shines the flashlight ahead of them. Growling. Sam shuts off the light and pulls Ben against the wall. The Wendigo comes towards them. Sam covers Ben's mouth before he can scream. The Wendigo takes a different tunnel at the crossing. Sam, Joan, and Ben keep going. The floorboards creak and the three fall through the floor. They land in a pile of bones. There is another pile nearby of skulls. Ben spots them and leaps backward.

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay." Joan calmed Ben. Joan looked up. Dean and Haley are hanging by their wrists from the ceiling. Joan runs to Dean before Sam could.
"Dean!" Joan said. She held his face.
"Dean come on wake up." She cried. Sam grabbed Dean and shakes him.
"Dean!" The two said. Dean opens his eyes. Joan held his face.
"Hey, you okay?" She asked. Dean winces. Joan frowned.
"Yeah." Dean said with a horse voice.
"Haley, Haley, wake up, wake up!" Ben wakes Haley.

Sam cuts Dean down and Ben takes care of Haley. Joan held on to Dean. They help them over to an empty patch of floor and get them sat down. Joan helps Dean sit. Dean makes pained noises. Joan was scared.
"You sure you're all right?" Sam asked for her. Dean grimaces.
"Yeah. Yep. Where is he?" Dean asked.
"He's gone for now." Joan reassured.

Haley divests herself of rope. She stands up and spots Tom still hanging and starts crying.
"Tommy..." Haley touches Tom's cheek. Tom's head jerks up. Haley jumps back and shrieks. She turns to Sam. Sam cuts Tom down.

The stolen supplies are piled in the corner. Dean picks up flare guns.
"Check it out." Dean said.
"Flare guns. Those'll work." Joan smiled. Sam grins. Dean laughs and twirls the guns.

They head down a tunnel, Dean, Joan, and Sam in the lead with the flare guns and Haley and Ben supporting Tom, who is limping.
Growling.
"Looks like someone's home for supper." Dean said.
"We'll never outrun it." Haley said scared. Dean looks back at the others.
"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Dean asked.
"Yeah, I think so." Sam said.
"All right, listen to me. Stay with Sam and Joan. They're gonna get you out of here." Dean told the three siblings.
Joan's face fell.
"Dean." She whispered shaking her head.
"What are you gonna do?" Haley asked. Joan grabbed his hand.
"What are you doing?" She asked. Dean looked at her. "Don't 'John Bender' me, Dean." Joan referenced the breakfast club.
Dean winks and starts walking and yelling.
"Chow time, you freaky bastard! Yeah, that's right, bring it on, baby, I taste good." Dean yelled. The rest of Dean's words are indistinct.

Joan went to go after him. Sam grabbed her arm. She looked at Sam pleading to let her go.
"He's got this." Sam reassured.

Sam waits until Dean is a safe distance away.
"All right, come on! Hurry!" Sam yelled. The Collinses follow Sam and Joan down the tunnel.

Sam, Joan, Haley, Ben, and Tom hurry down a tunnel. More growling is heard. Sam and Joan point their guns at it. Sam then lowers the gun and turns to the Collinses.
"Get him outta here." Sam said.
"Sam, no." Haley said.
"Come on you have to Go!" Joan yelled.
"Come on, Haley!" Ben spoke up. Haley and Ben help Tom along the mine tunnel. Sam holds the flare gun ready to shoot, looking down the tunnel.

Sam turns, the Wendigo is right in his face. Sam shoots and misses, then runs after the Collinses.
"Sam!" Joan called. Sam catches up.
They run to the end of the tunnel, the Wendigo right behind.
"Get behind me." Sam said.
Sam is large enough to hide all three Collinses. Joan stood next to him.
The Wendigo approaches, taking its time.
Dean comes up behind the Wendigo.
"Hey!" Dean yelled.
The Wendigo turns. Dean shoots it in the stomach. The flare goes off and the Wendigo goes up in flames.
"Not bad, huh?" Dean smirked.
Sam grins. Joan laughs.

An ambulance loads up Tom. Two Police Officers interview Ben. Sam stands behind Ben.
"And the bear came back again after you yelled at it?" The officer asked.
"That's when it circled the campsite. I mean, this grizzly must have weighed eight hundred, nine hundred pounds." Ben said. Sam nods.
"All right, we'll go after it first thing." The officer said.

Haley talks to Dean. They have already been patched up.
"So I don't know how to thank you." Haley said. Dean smirks lasciviously. Haley smiles despite herself.
"Must you cheapen the moment?" She asked.
"Yeah." Dean chuckled.
A Paramedic comes up to Haley.
"You riding with your brother?" The paramedic asked. Haley nodded.
The Paramedic heads back to the ambulance. Haley turns to Dean.
"Good luck." Haley patted his shoulder.Haley kisses Dean on the cheek. Joan saw it. "I hope you find your father."

Haley and Ben head for the ambulance.

Sam sits on the Impala's hood with Dean. They watch Joan talk to the cops.
"Man, I hate camping." Sean sighed.
"Me too." Sam laughs. Noises of the ambulance driving away, sirens on.
"Sam, you know we're gonna find Dad, right?" Dean looked at Sam.
"Yeah, I know." Sam smiled. Joan walked over.
"I guess this is goodbye." Joan said.
"You're leaving?" Sam asked. Joan nodded. "Yeah." She looked off. She looked back at Dean and Sam. "I hope you guys find your dad." She hugged Sam. She gave a sad smile to Dean.

She walked to her car. She opened it but Dean grabbed her hand.
"Hey." She turned to him. "I really don't want it to be a goodbye, Joey. I did that last time and we never talked." Dean said. "Can it be a 'see you around'?" He asked. Joan smiled as she nodded.
"Well, see ya around Winchester." She patted his shoulder then got in her car.

Dean watched her car race off.
"Come on Romeo! I'm driving." Sam called out. Dean smiled and tosses Sam the keys.
"Fly By Night" by Rush begins to play.
Sam and Dean get in the car, slamming the doors almost in sync.
The car starts and drives off.