Peter Sweeney

The three are in the Impala, Sam holding the church picture. Dean in the driver seat, and Joan
In the back.
"There are cases... going through a traumatic experience could make people more sensitive to premonitions, psychic tendencies." Joan said leaning over the brothers shoulders.
"Whatever's out there, what if Lucas is tapping into it somehow? I mean, it's only a matter of time before somebody else drowns, so if you got a better lead, please." Dean said.
"All right, we got another house to find." Sam said. "The only problem is there's about a thousand yellow two-stories in this county alone." Joan looks at the picture. "See this church? I bet there's less than a thousand of those around here." Sam said. Dean laughed.
"Oh, College Boy thinks he's so smart." Dean said.
"You know, um... What you said about Mom...You never told me that before." Sam said. Joan leaned back know this was a conversation she should be in.
"It's no big deal." Dean said. "Oh God, we're not gonna have to hug or anything, are we?" Dean grimaced. Joan chuckled.

Sam, Joan, and Dean approach a white church shaped like the one in Lucas's picture. Dean holds up the picture and looks at it, comparing it to the scene in front of him; there's a yellow house next to the church and a wooden fence near the house. Sam looks at Dean. They both look up at the church and cross the street to the house.

"We're sorry to bother you, ma'am..."
Dean, Joan, and Sam are inside the house, speaking to an Old Woman, Mrs. Sweeney. "...but does a little boy live here, by chance? He might wear a blue ball cap, has a red bicycle." Dean asked. The old woman shook her head.
"No sir. Not for a very long time. Peter's been gone for thirty-five years now." Mrs. Sweeney said. There's a picture of Peter on the side table. Sweeney sighs. "The police never—I never had any idea what happened. He just disappeared." She explained.
Sam points out to Dean a number of toy soldiers on a table. "Losing him—you know, it's...it's worse than dying." Joan cocked her head looking at Dean.
Dean looked back at her then glances at Sam.
"Did he disappear from here? I mean, from this house?" Dean asked.
"He was supposed to ride his bike straight home after school, and he never showed up." Mrs. Sweeney said.

Dean picks a picture off the mirror. There are two boys in the picture, one Peter with a bicycle. Dean reads from the back of the picture.
"Peter Sweeney and Billy Carlton, nineteen seventy." Dean said as he looked back at Sam and Joan.

Dean, Joan, and Sam are driving.
"Okay, this little boy Peter Sweeney vanishes, and this is all connected to Bill Carlton somehow." Sam said.
"Yeah, Bill sure as hell seems to be hiding something, huh?" Joan said.
"And Bill, the people he loves, they're all getting punished." Joan finished.
"So what if Bill did something to Peter?" Dean threw out the question.
"What if Bill killed him?" Sam asked.
"Peter's spirit would be furious. It'd want revenge. It's possible." Joan agreed.

The Impala pulls up in front of the Carlton house. Sam, Joan, and Dean approach the house.
"Mr. Carlton?" They call out. An engine roars.
The three go around the house to see Bill going out on the lake in his boat.
"Hey, check it out." Dean said.
They run to the end of the dock, yelling. "Mr. Carlton! You need to come back! Come out of the water! Turn the boat around!" Dean yelled.
"Mr. Carlton!" The three yelled.
Bill ignores them and keeps going. The water rises up and flips Bills boat over. It and he vanish.

Police Station

Lucas is sitting in a chair, rocking back and forth. Andrea is sitting next to him, holding a paper bag and a plastic container.
"Baby, what's wrong?" She asked him.

Sam, Joan, Dean, and Jake Devins walk in the door. Andrea looks over.
"Sam, Dean." Andrea stands up, putting the bag and container on her chair. "I didn't expect to see you here." She smiled.
"So now you're on a first-name basis. What are you doing here?" Jake asked his daughter.
"I brought you dinner." She held out the bag.
"I'm sorry, sweetheart, I don't really have the time." Jake said.
"I heard about Bill Carlton. Is it true? Is something going on with the lake?" She asked.
"Right now we don't know what the truth is. But I think it might be better if you and Lucas went on home." Jake informed.

Lucas looks up and whines, looking stricken; he jumps up and grabs Dean's arm.
"Lucas, hey, what is it?" Dean asked.
"Lucas?" Joan squatted to his level.
"Lucas, it's okay. It's okay. Hey, Lucas, it's okay. It's okay." Dean said.
Andrea pulls Lucas away from Dean and leads him outside. Lucas doesn't look away from Dean.

Jake throws down his jacket and goes into his office. Sam, Joan, and Dean follow.
"Okay, just so I'm clear, you see...something attack Bill's boat, sending Bill—who is a very good swimmer, and you never see him again?"  Dean glances at Sam.
"Yeah, that about sums it up." Dean said.
"And I'm supposed to believe this, even though I've already sonar-swept that entire lake? And what you're describing is impossible? And you're not really Wildlife Service?" Jake said.
The three look surprised.
"That's right, I checked. Department's never heard of you." Jake informed.
"See, now, we can explain that." Dean spoke.
"Enough. Please. The only reason you're breathing free air is one of Bill's neighbors saw him steering out that boat just before you did. So, we have a couple of options here. I can arrest you for impersonating government officials and hold you as material witnesses to Bill Carlton's disappearance. Or, we can chalk this all up to a bad day, you get into your car, you put this town in your rearview mirror, and you don't ever darken my doorstep again." Jake said.
"Door number two sounds good." Sam said.
"That's the one I'd pick." Jake sneered.

They walk out to their cars. Joan was quiet. Dean looked at her.
"You good?" He asked as he held her shoulder. She looked up at him.
"I don't want to leave that kid here with that thing." Joan whispered.