Lake Mantioc

Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin

"Round and Round" by Ratt begins to play. The Impala passes a clothesline with white sheets. They cross a bridge where someone is fishing off.

The Impala drives past a sign that reads "Welcome to Lake Manitoc WI."
They pull up in front of the Carlton house. Dean knocks on the door. Will Carlton opens it.
"Will Carlton?" Dean asked.
"Yeah, that's right." Will said.
"I'm Agent Ford." He falsely introduced himself. "This is Agent Hamill." He pointed at Sam. "We're with the US Wildlife Service." Dean holds up an ID.

Bill Carlton is sitting on a bench on the dock. Will brings Sam and Dean around to see the lake.
"She was about a hundred yards out." Will said. "That's where she got dragged down." Dean looked out at the lake then back to Will.
"And you're sure she didn't just drown?" Dean asked.
"Yeah. She was a varsity swimmer." Will informed. "She practically grew up in that lake. She was as safe out there as in her own bathtub." Will finished.
"So no splashing? No signs of distress?" Sam asked a little confused.
"No, that's what I'm telling you." Will said not believing his sister drowned.
"Did you see any shadows in the water? Maybe some dark shape breach the surface?" Sam asked again.
"No. Again, she was really far out there." Will said.
"You ever see any strange tracks by the shoreline?" Dean butted in.
"No, never. Why? Why, what do you think's out there?" Will asked.
"We'll let you know as soon as we do."
Dean heads back to the car. Sam follows it turns around.
"What about your father?" Sam asked.
Dean stops and turns back. "Can we talk to him?" Will turns to look at Bill, then turns back.
"Look, if you don't mind, I mean...he didn't see anything and he's kind of been through a lot." Will said.
"We understand." Sam smiled.
Sam and Dean go to the car.

They sit in the car. Sam looks over at Dean.
"Joan say anything?" Sam asked.
"Yeah, she did." Dean answered.
"Oh! What did she say?" Same pressed. Dean shook his head, shrugging his shoulders.
"Nothing. I asked her if we needed her would she be there. And she said said no questions asked, she'd be there."
"Hey! That's great. I mean we could us the help. Even if it's just for information." Sam smiled. Dean nodded.
"I have feeling about this one. I felt like I needed to know if she'd help." Dean said. Sam nodded.

Police Station

Sheriff Jake Devins talks to Sam and Dean.
"Now, I'm sorry, but why does the Wildlife Service care about an accidental drowning?" Jake asked.
"You sure it's accidental? Will Carlton saw something grab his sister." Sam said.
"Like what?" Jake asked.
They walk into Jake's office. Jake motions to chairs in front of his desk.
"Here, sit, please. There are no indigenous carnivores in that lake." Jake said. Sam and Dean sit.
"There's nothing even big enough to pull down a person, unless it was the Loch Ness Monster." Jake joked.
"Yeah." Dean chuckled. "Right."
Sam glances at Dean.
"Will Carlton was traumatized, and sometimes the mind plays tricks. Still..." Jake sits down. "We dragged that entire lake. We even ran a sonar sweep, just to be sure, and there was nothing down there." Jake reassured.
"That's weird, though, I mean, that's, that's the third missing body this year." Dean said.
"I know. These are people from my town. These are people I care about." Jake sighed. Dean nodded. "Anyway..." Jake sighs. "All this...it won't be a problem much longer."
"What do you mean?" Dean asked.
"Well, the dam, of course." Jake said like it was common knowledge.
"Of course, the dam." Dean looked at Sam then back to Jake. "It's, uh, it sprung a leak." Dean joked.
"It's falling apart, and the feds won't give us the grant to repair it, so they've opened the spillway. In another six months, there won't be much of a lake." Jake said. "There won't be much of a town, either. But as Federal Wildlife, you already knew that." Jake looked at both of the brothers.
"Exactly." Dean said.

A young woman, Andrea Barr, taps on the door.
"Sorry, am I interrupting?" She asked.
Sam and Dean stand up.
"I can come back later." Andrea smiled.
"Gentlemen, this is my daughter." Jake stood.
"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dean." Dean shakes Andrea's hand.
"Andrea Barr. Hi." She smiled.
"They're from the Wildlife Service. About the lake." Jake said saving Dean from Andrea looking him up and Down.
"Oh." Andrea said. A boy, Lucas Barr, walks in around Andrea.
"Oh, hey there. What's your name?" Dean put his hand out to shake Lucas'
Lucas walks away without speaking. Andrea follows.
"His name is Lucas." Jake said. Lucas and Andrea are in the main room. Andrea gives him some crayons out of a box.
"Is he okay?" Sam asked.
"My grandson's been through a lot. We all have." Jake stands and goes to the office door. "Well, if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know." Jake smiled. Dean, Sam, and Jake leave the office.
"Thanks. You know, now that you mentioned it, could you point us in the direction of a reasonably priced motel?" Dean asked.
"Lakefront Motel. Go around the corner. It's about two blocks south." Andrea said.
"Two-would you mind showing us?" Dean asked. Andrea laughs.
"You want me to walk you two blocks?" Andrea asked. Dean just shook his head. "I'm headed that way anyway." Andrea turns to Jake.
"I'll be back to pick up Lucas at three."Andrea turns to Lucas.
"We'll go to the park, okay, sweetie?" She said to her son. Andrea kisses Lucas on the head.

Andrea leads Dean and Sam along the street.
"So, cute kid." Dean smiled.
"Thanks." Andrea led them. They cross a street. "Kids are the best, huh?" Dean tried to flirt a little.
Andrea glances at him and ignores him. They keep walking. They stop in front of a building that says Lakefront Motel
"There it is. Like I said, two blocks." Andrea said.
"Thanks." Sam smiled.
Andrea turns to Dean.
"Must be hard, with your sense of direction, never being able to find your way to a decent pickup line."
Andrea leaves, calling back over her shoulder. "Enjoy your stay!"
"'Kids are the best'? You don't even like kids." Sam said.
"I love kids." Dean said seriously.
"Name three children that you even know." Sam argued. Dean thinks and comes up empty. Sam waves a hand and walks into the motel. Dean scratches his head.
"I'm thinking!" Dean said as he followed Sam.