Bloody Mary

Dean, Joan, and Sam walk into the funeral. There is a picture of Steven Shoemaker on the desk. The attendees are all men in black suits and women in black dresses, except the three.
"Feel like we're underdressed." Dean said. They keep walking through the house towards the back.

A Man points the trio towards Donna and Lily Shoemaker, who are with their friends Jill and Charlie.
"You must be Donna, right?" Joan smiled.
"Yeah." Donna wiped her tears.
"Hi, uh—we're really sorry." Sam gave a sincere look.
"Thank you." Donna nodded.
"I'm Sam, this is Dean." He pointed to his brother. "And that's Joan.We worked with your dad." Sam informed.
Donna looks at Charlie, then back at Sam and Dean.
"You did?" She asked confused.
"Yeah. This whole thing. I mean, a stroke." Dean spoke up,
"I don't think she really wants to talk about this right now" Charlie said.
"It's okay. I'm okay." Donna told Charlie.
"Were there any symptoms? Dizziness? Migraines?" Dean asked.
"No." Donna shook her head.
Lily turns around.
"That's because it wasn't a stroke." Lilly told her sister.
"Lily, don't say that." Donna said sadly.
"What?" Sam asked.
"I'm sorry, she's just upset." Donna looked at Sam.
"No, it happened because of me." Lilly cried.
"Sweetie, it didn't." Donna rubbed Lily's back.
"Lily." Joan said. Lily turned to face Joan. Joan get down on eye level with Lily. "Why would you say something like that?" Joan asked.
"Right before he died, I said it." Lily teared up. Joan offered her hand Lily took it.
"You said what?" Joan continued.
"Bloody Mary, three times in the bathroom mirror." A pause. "She took his eyes, that's what she does." Lily explained.
"That's not why Dad died. This isn't your fault." Donna said. Dean walked over closer to Joan.
"I think your sister's right, Lily. There's no way it could have been Bloody Mary. Your dad didn't say it, did he?" Dean kneeled. Lily thought about it for a second.
"No, I don't think so." Lily shook her head.

Sam pushes the door open. There is still some dried blood on the floor.
"The Bloody Mary legend...Dad ever find any evidence that it was a real thing?" Sam asked. Dean shook his head.
"Not that I know of." Dean walks into the bathroom and. Sam stoops to the floor and touches the dried blood.
"I mean, everywhere else all over the country, kids will play Bloody Mary, and as far as we know, nobody dies from it." Joan looked through the cabinets for hex bags.
"Yeah, well, maybe everywhere it's just a story, but here it's actually happening." Dean helped Joan look.
"The place where the legend began?" Sam suggested. Dean shrugs and opens the medicine cabinet.
"But according to the legend, the person who says B..." Sam looked at himself in the mirror ,which now faces him, and closes it. "The person who says you know what gets it. But here..."
"Shoemaker gets it instead, yeah." Dean finished.
"Right." Sam nodded.
"Never heard anything like that before. Still, the guy did die right in front of the mirror, and the daughter's right. The way the legend goes, you know who scratches your eyes out." Joan said.
"It's worth checking in to." Sam nodded his head.

The trio left the bathroom.
"What are you doing up here?" Charlie asked.
"We—we, had to go to the bathroom." Dean smiled.
"Who are you?" She questioned.
"Like we said downstairs, we worked with Donna's dad." Dean explained.
"He was a day trader or something. He worked by himself." Charlie said.
"No, I know, I meant..." Charlie spoke over Dean.
"And all those weird questions downstairs, what was that? So you tell me what's going on, or I start screaming." Charlie crossed her arms.
"All right, all right. We think something happened to Donna's dad." Sam said.
"Yeah, a stroke." Charlie sassed.
"That's not a sign of a typical stroke. We think it might be something else." Joan spoke up.
"Like what?" Charlie was confused. Joan sand Sam looked at each other.
"Honestly? We don't know yet. But we don't want it to happen to anyone else. That's the truth." Sam informed.
"So, if you're gonna scream, go right ahead." Dean said.
"Who are you, cops?" Charlie asked.
Sam looks over his shoulder at Dean.
"Something like that." Dean answered.
"I'll tell you what. Here." Sam reaches into his pocket, pulls out a paper and pen, and starts writing down his cell number. "If you think of anything, you or your friends notice anything strange, out of the ordinary...just give us a call." Sam hands her the paper as the three walk down the hallway.

They walk out to their cars. Joan leading them.
"This whole case it's odd." Sam said. Dean nodded. Joan turned around.
"I say we go to the library. Check it out." Joan smiled.
"Yeah. Dean agreed. He paused. "Motel and food after." He laughed.
Joan shook her head.
"Alright, I'll follow you Soldier Boy." She smirked.
"Yeah alright, Joan Jett." Dean said, Joan laughed, getting in her car. Sam looked at Dean confused. Dean laughed shacking his head.

Deans and Sam got in the impala.
"Soldier Boy? Joan Jett?" Sam asked, as he turned to Dean. Dean shrugged his shoulders.
"She used to call me that. Remember when I used to wear one of Dad's dog tags?" Dean asked. Sam nodded. "Well, she called me Soldier Boy because of it." Dean explained. "Called her Joan Jett." He stated the car. "She used to call you short stack. Remember?" Dean laughed. Sam shook his head.
"Yeah, I remember." Sam rolled his eyes.