Phantom Traveler

Dean, in the aisle seat, is anxiously reading the safety card. Sam sat in the middle while Joan sat at the window.
"Just try to relax." Sam told Dean.
"Just try to shut up." Dean argued. Joan rolled her eyes. The plane takes off, with Dean jumping at every rumble and sound. Sam smirks.

Dean is leaning back, humming to himself. Sam and Joan look over.
"You're humming Metallica?" Joan asked.
"Calms me down." Dean said.
"Look, man, we get you're nervous, all right? But you got to stay focused." Sam looked at his brother.
"Okay." Dean took a deep breath.
"I mean, we got thirty-two minutes and counting to track this thing down, or whoever it's possessing, anyway, and perform a full-on exorcism." Sam looked at his watch.
"Yeah, on a crowded plane. That's gonna be easy." Dean argued.
"Just take it one step at a time, all right? Now, who is it possessing? I can't see anything from my seat." Joan spoke up.
"It's usually gonna be somebody with some sort of weakness, you know, a chink in the armor that the demon can worm through. Somebody with an addiction or some sort of emotional distress." Dean explains. Joan leaned forward and looked at him.
"It's obviously not me, Joey." Dean looked back at Joan.
"Well, this is Amanda's first flight after the crash. If I were her, I'd be pretty messed up." Sam imputed.
"Mm-hm." Dean hummed.

Dean turns to a Flight Attendant, who is not Amanda.
"Excuse me. Are you Amanda?" Dean asked.
"No, I'm not." The Attendant smiled.
"Oh, my mistake." Dean leaned back in his seat.
Dean looks to the back of the plane to Amanda.
"All right, well, that's got to be Amanda back there, so I'll go talk to her, and, uh, I'll get a read on her mental state." Dean said.
"What if she's already possessed?" Sam asked.
"There's ways to test that."Dean goes into his bag and comes out with a Virgin Mary-shaped bottle of water.
"I brought holy water." Dean smirked.
"No." Joan said. Joan snatches the bottle and tucks it inside her jacket.
"I think we can go more subtle. If she's possessed, she'll flinch at the name of God." Joan informed.
"Oh. Nice."Dean turns to go.
"Hey." Sam called. Dean turned around.
"What?"
"Say it in Latin." Sam said.
"I know." Dean rolled his eyes. Dean leaves again.
"Okay. Hey!" Joan called. Dean turned around again.
"What?!" He almost yelled.
"Uh, in Latin, it's "Christo"." Joan said.
"Dude, I know! I'm not an idiot!" Dean makes his way to the back of the plane, thumping a seat once after the plane shakes.

Amanda is fussing with the drink cart and napkins.
"Hi." Dean walked up.
"Hi. Can I help you with something?" Amanda smiled.
"Oh, no. I'm just a bit of an uneasy flier. It makes me feel better to walk around a little bit." Dean said.
"Oh, it happens to the best of us." Amanda stacked the cups.
"Of course, you being a stewardess, I guess flying comes easy to you." Dean tried conversation. Amanda laughs.
"You'd be surprised." Amanda raised her eyebrows.
"Really? You're a nervous flier?" Dean asked.
"Yeah, maybe, little bit." She answered.
"How is it that, being a stewardess, you're scared to fly?" Dean said.
"Kind of a long story." She looked up at Dean.
"Right. I'm sorry for asking." Dean shook his head.
"It's okay." She said.
"You ever consider other employment?" He asked.
"No. Look, everybody's scared of something. I just, uh...I'm not gonna let it hold me back." She said honestly.
"Huh." Dean nodded. "Christo." Dean whispers.
"I'm sorry. Did you say something?" Amanda said confused. Dean hesitates.
"Christo?" He smiled awkwardly.
"I-I didn't, I didn't..." Dean coiffed and spoke.
"Yeah, nothing. Never mind." Dean returns to his seat.

Dean was back in his seat.
"All right, well, she's got to be the most well-adjusted person on the planet." Dean rolled his eyes.
"You said "Christo"?" Sam asked.
"Yeah." Dean said annoyed.
"And?" Joan leaned forward.
"There's no demon in her. There's no demon getting in her." Dean reassured.
"So, if it's on the plane, it can be anyone. Anywhere." Sam looked around. The plane shakes.
"Come on! That can't be normal!" Dean grabbed his seat in fear.
"Hey, hey, it's just a little turbulence."Sam tried to calm Dean down.
"Sam, this plane is going to crash, okay? So quit treating me like I'm friggin' four." Dean quietly yelled.
"You need to calm down." Joan said seriously.
"Well, I'm sorry I can't." He growled at Joan.
"Yes, you can." Sam said softly.
"Dude, stow the touchy-feely, self-help yoga crap, it's not helping." Dean said.
"Listen, if you're panicked, you're wide open to demonic possession, so you need to calm yourself down. Right now." Joan barked. Dean takes a long, slow breath.
"Good. Now, Sam found an exorcism in here that he thinks is gonna work. The Rituale Romanum." Joan said.
"What do we have to do?" Dean asked.
"It's two parts. The first part expels the demon from the victim's body. It makes it manifest, which actually makes it more powerful." Sam explained.
"More powerful?" Dean raised his brows.
"Yeah." Sam nodded.
"How?"
"Well, it doesn't need to possess someone anymore. It can just wreak havoc on its own." Joan read through John's journal.
"Oh. And why is that a good thing?" Dean looked at Joan. Sam rolled his eyes. The more the three were together, Dean and Joan sounded more like an old married couple.
"Well, because the second part sends the bastard back to hell once and for all." Joan said as she looked at Dean.
Dean rolled his eyes at her, she did the same. He leaned back. Joan leaned back and started whispering.
"First things first, we got to find it." Dean said. "What is she doing?" Dean looked at Joan. Sam looked at Joan, seeing her hold a rosary.
"Praying. Maybe that'll get it's attention." Sam said.

Dean walks slowly up the aisle with his EMF meter, getting odd looks but no readings. Sam suddenly claps him on the shoulder, and he jumps.
"Ah!" Dean jumped. "Don't do that."
"Anything?" Sam asked.
"No, nothing. How much time we got?" Dean looked at the EMF meter.
"Fifteen minutes. Maybe we missed somebody." Sam looked around.
"Maybe the thing's just not on the plane." Dean shrugged his shoulders.
"You believe that?" Sam whipped his head around.
"Well, I will if you will." Dean said.
Dean looks down as the EMF meter spikes. The Copilot exits the bathroom and heads towards the cockpit.
"What? What is it?" Sam leaned over his brother. Dean looked at the copilot "Christo." Dean whispered. The Copilot turns slowly to face them. His eyes are black. The Copilot goes into the cockpit. Dean looks at Sam.

The two rushed over to Joan who was still praying.
"Joan." Sam tapped her. She looked up. "We found it."
"Well..?" She stood up.
"It's the Copilot." Dean said.