Chapter 2

"What are you talking about? You just broke up with, what's his name

"What are you talking about? You just broke up with, what's his name." I told her and she came towards the bed and sat down too.

"His name was Lucas, thank you very much and we broke up a week ago because he was rushing me into things I wasn't ready." she said fidgeting with her hands.

"Oli, didn't you loose you V card to John Peterson when you were 14?" I asked her again, putting my glasses on. I didn't really need them unless I was starting to have a headache.

"Yes I did, but that is not the topic. I knew he wasn't being faithful so I didn't want to give it to him." she said shrugging, she really didn't look that sad about the whole thing.

"So explain to me why you need a boyfriend?" I asked putting on some lotion before going to sleep.

"It's not that I need one, it's just that... I like having someone care for me and hold my hand and to tell me they love me and also... well you know." She started, and I faked gagging when she said the last part. She looked like she had already someone in mind, but it was way too late at night for me to ask about it.

"I can hold your hand?" I told her laughing and she just rolled her eyes at me, I started to go towards the head of the bed and slipped under my comfy blanket, already yawning.

"Are you really going to sleep, when I am pouring my heart out to you?" she asked me and eyed me suspiciously, I knew better than to say yes, so I just sat up with my back against the headboard and looked at her with a look that said, 'go on'.

"Now that I think of it, you never had a boyfriend." She said turning her attention towards me, I looked at her and shrugged,

"Besides that, summer love of yours, with the geek, what was his name?" she asked again, and I sighed,

"His name was Harry, and he wasn't a geek, he was nice, and he wasn't my boyfriend, more like a crush and he kissed me on the last day of camp, and we were 13, I don't think it counts for anything really. And by the way, we were talking about you not about me." I shrugged again. Harry was really nice, I had a huge crush on him, he was a little taller than me, he had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, and big round glasses, we used to spend our whole camp days talking about old movies and whenever we were supposed to team up for a game or activity, we would always do it together. After that year of camp, I never saw him again, he apparently had moved to France or something like that.

"Yeah, well as I was saying, you never had a boyfriend. Instead of me trying to find me someone, I should probably find you someone." She had her devilish smirk on, and I regretted this conversation already.

"Yeah, no thank you, I'm really fine on my own." I told her again chuckling, and she let out the biggest dramatic sigh ever.

"Anyway, you will come to the party tomorrow, so who knows who you will meet there." Oli said again, and I just smiled at her. I honestly didn't think we would meet anyone new, as it was a college party and I'm not saying we know everybody but almost. I really wasn't looking forward to this party, but I wanted to do it for Olivia.

"Okay, we can go to sleep now." She chuckled,

"Thank you." I tell her as I lay back down and instantly greet the peaceful darkness that was sleep.

--------------------------------------------

I woke up in a good mood, the sun was shining, and I could already smell breakfast downstairs. There's a couple of things to know about me, I love food and I love sleeping and if I am deprived of one of them, I will just be in the worst of mood ever. And if I am deprived of both, then do not even get me started.

I checked the time and saw that it was 9h30 a.m., I looked over and saw that Oli was still sleeping so I gently nudged her, and she started to wake up. I went to my bathroom and brushed my teeth staying in my pajama.

"Hi Oli, slept well?" I asked her as I opened the curtains and saw how the sun was shining outside.

"Maggie, my eyes!" She yelled dramatically, while I just rolled my eyes and opened the double doors stepping out on my balcony, inhaling the fresh air and looking at the garden.

"Hi Rico." I yelled and waved as I saw our gardener in the garden attending to his roses. He waved back and gave me a smile. After that I turned around and looked at Oli, who was already on her phone.

"Anything interesting on this fine Saturday morning?" I asked her and she shook her head, as she started to get up from the bed. Oli wasn't really talkative in the morning, not until she had her first cup of coffee anyway.

So, we made our way downstairs in silence and entered the kitchen. On the kitchen island were two plates set up, and there were plates of chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, bacon and French toasts.

Olivia went straight to the coffee machine and poured herself some in a big mug with a big O on it, looking at her taking the first sip and seeing her whole face change, from a grumpy cat to a perfectly fine and happy puppy

Olivia went straight to the coffee machine and poured herself some in a big mug with a big O on it, looking at her taking the first sip and seeing her whole face change, from a grumpy cat to a perfectly fine and happy puppy. I laughed at the sight and went to sit down, some chocolate milk already poured inside my mug, which has a big M on it.

"So, what are you going to wear to the party?" Olivia finally spoke up, smiling at me as she started to stack some pancakes on her plate.

"I have no idea, probably just some shorts and a large t-shirt." I said shrugging, knowing she wouldn't let me walk out like that, and when I saw the look on her face, I knew I was right.

"Not on my watch Miss Richmond. I thought of maybe something like,... a dress?" she said, asking herself the question, at that same moment, while I was praying for someone to save me from this conversation, a really happy Noah entered the kitchen.

"Hi Oli." He said going to her and hugging her, then he came towards me, and I smiled at him.

"Hi Noah."

"Hi Maggie, how are you?" he asked, kissing the side of my temple, and taking a seat next to me. Olivia eyeing us weirdly. God what was in her coffee ?

"Isabelle let you in?" I asked the obvious question, only to diffuse the weird tension that had appeared out of nowhere.

"Yeah, she really is so nice, so what are the plans for the day?" He said taking a bite of a toast with some scrambled eggs on top.

"Well, we will have to get ready for the party." Olivia said, not looking at us.

"Oli, it's not even 10 a.m., relax, we have time." I tell her, looking at her to see what her deal was.

"I was thinking about going to the pool and just lay around all day." I said pouring maple sirup on my pancake.

"That is such a good idea. It's so hot outside already." He said all excited and I just laughed.

"I don't have my bathing suit." Olivia just said,

"Well, you can borrow one of mine if you want it's okay." I tell her smiling and she faked a smile and nodded. I really needed to talk to her and see what was wrong.