Chapter 8

"So sweetheart, you can sit here

"So sweetheart, you can sit here." She said pointing towards a chair in front of some type of table.

"Do you think that maybe...euhm.. could you be- are you pregnant?" she asked, and that took me a bit aback and I just shook my head no.

"Just in case I am going to put this on you." She said, putting a sort of protection that she placed around my stomach. I shrugged but didn't say anything else. I mean unless it was the holy spirit's work, I knew that I couldn't be pregnant.

Anyway, I was sitting inside the X-ray room, with my hand on the little table they would use to take the x-ray pictures.

Nurse Tina came and placed my hand a certain way, spreading each finger a bit, as I tried my best not to hiss at the pain, she left the room, and the x-ray machine made some noise.

After positioning my wrist differently, a couple more times she told me that I could go and sit next to Enzo and that they would try to get the results as soon as possible, but it could take up to an hour. As soon as I opened the door to the room, I saw Enzo look up and lock his phone, putting it in his pocket waiting for me to say something.

"She said she was going to try and get the result as soon as possible but it could take up to an hour." I tell him and he just blinked and nodded, I made my way and sat next to him.

"You don't need to wait up for me, I mean it must be late." I said, looking at my phone and seeing it was close to 11 p.m.

"No, I'll stay." He said and I just nodded, I was holding my bruised hand with my good hand because even the smallest movement made it hurt a lot.

"They didn't give you anything for the pain?" he asked as he saw me wincing in pain.

"No not yet anyway, but it's going to be fine, I can wait." I told him and he just raised his eyebrow and shook his head getting up, I saw him leave and come back with a nurse 5 minutes later.

"Miss Richmond? Please come with me, we will put you in a single room. Are you allergic to any type of medication or component?" she asked as she was leading us towards the lift and pressing the top floor button.

"No, not that I am aware of." I tell her, looking quickly at Enzo who was on his phone again. The lift doors opened and we got out, Enzo following close behind me. As soon as we entered the room, I sat on the bed and Enzo took a seat on the chair that was closest to me.

 As soon as we entered the room, I sat on the bed and Enzo took a seat on the chair that was closest to me