Chapter 38

Soft touches going in circles on my cheek made me wake up slowly. I opened one eye and realized we were in my house, in my bedroom more precisely. My whole body ached, it took all my strength to turn around and get closer to where Enzo was.

"Hi there bambina." Enzo's soft voice was heard and I could swear that my heart stopped. I turned my head to look at him and let out a deep breath, my sight becoming blurry by the tears making their way in my eyes.

"Shh my love, it's all over now." he said, as he managed to pick me up and lay me on him, my head on the crook of his neck. His hand rubbing my hand, up and down my back. God I had waited so long for those words to be spoken that I had trouble even believing that everything was over.

After calming down a bit, I looked up at him. He looked so tired, but definitely better, he smiled at me, while putting a stray of hair behind my ear.

"It's all over." I said, giving him a smile.

"It's all over." he repeated, and then as if a switch had been turned off in my head, all the stress I had felt for so long and everything I had been through just died down and it was like I could breathe again and as if the massive weight I had on my shoulders was lifted instantly, and then... I laughed and I couldn't stop laughing. 

Enzo looking at me weirdly but then joining in and laughing with me. After a while the laughter died down and we just stayed in each other's arms, looking out at the sea from outside my bedroom window.

"What do we do now?" I asked, looking at him and getting lost in his eyes.

"Well now we can do whatever we want. We can stay here, we can travel, we can go back to L.A. or-" he said, making me look at him and waiting for him to finish his phrase.

"We can go get your parents." he said, and my heart sank, once again. My parents, God, where were they? We would definitely have to go get them and bury them back in L.A.

"Right, yes, we should go get their bodies and have funerals for them back in L.A." I said, looking outside at my backyard and back at the sea, we needed to leave and yet part of me really felt like home was here, but now I had to think of my parents and do my job as their daughter.

"Love, they're not dead." he said. I paused, looked back at him and I had to have a very confused look on my face because he said.

"They're not dead, because my team found them before Xavier could ever give out the order to kill them. He tried to really get you down by saying they were dead, but I guess luck was on our side and he never managed to have them killed." he said, as I took a deep breath. A migraine making its way in my head and already feeling drained. 

I let out the deepest sigh, relieved that they were alive. Hopefully they were well as well. I frowned hoping they weren't in too bad of a shape and I would have to brace myself for all the questions they were going to throw my way.

"Where are they and when can we leave?" I asked Enzo, determination clear in my voice. He smiled down at me, he looked so proud, for what? I didn't know, but he looked proud.

"We can leave right now if you want. My jet is ready, you just have to tell me when and we can leave." he said, and I nodded, melting in his touch as he kept on brushing his hand up and down my arm. 

"I love you." I told him, as I leaned to kiss his soft lips.

"I love you so much more." he said, a cheeky smile on his face, I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes.

"I don't have time for that Mister Ferrari, I have a bag to pack and I need to get my parents." I told im, pushing him playfully back down in bed, as I got up. I turned around only to see him look at my bum, a mischievous smile on his face.

"God could you stop checking me out." I snorted as I made my way to my closet.

"Don't act like you don't love it." he said, as he snuck up behind me and felt his arms around me as I was making my bag.

"Oh I forgot to ask. Where are my parents?" I suddenly felt really dumb for not asking sooner.

"Well we thought they were in London, turns out they are in New York. My team found them somewhere in Brooklyn, in an abandoned warehouse. They didn't look too bad, they were really frightened and asked about you constantly, Matteo went over there to rescue them and also reassure them that you are fine." he said placing a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Are we going to New York then? Or should we go back to L.A.?" I asked him, knowing that my parents could want to go back home as soon as possible.

"Well, Matteo has informed me that they are already on their way for L.A." he said and I nodded, I looked around and looked outside at the sea and for a single moment I felt at peace. 

I looked back at Enzo and smiled, for now I would leave my little heaven and go back to L.A., I needed to go back and be with my family, I needed to be with my parents.

"Let's go then shall we?" I asked him, smiling. He smiled down at me, looking as hot and handsome as ever, my heart as light as it had been in a long while. 

After looking back at my house and making sure every light was turned off, I took a deep breath and closed the door.

"See you later casita." with that I locked the door. Weirdly enough I was kind of nervous to go back to L.A., it had been more than a year since I had left. 

"Ready?" Enzo asked, as he held the door of the passenger side open for me.

"As ever as I could be." I replied and sat in the car, Enzo shooting me a reassuring  smile before closing the door behind me. 

And off we were.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, sorry for the long wait.

I have literally no excuse ☹️

Hoping y'all are still enjoying my book.

I promise to try and be more active. 

Wishing you all a very nice end of weekend. 

Lots of love

Ceph xx