Chapter 14

I turned around slowly as to not make any sudden movement that could result in him shooting me down

"Maggie!" he said as he lowered his gun immediately. He looked shocked to see me there.
I jut managed to smile at him and saw him coming my way, engulfing me in the biggest bear hug ever. His head resting on top of mine.

He pulled away slightly,
"What are you doing here?" he asked as he looked at how I was dressed and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, I haven't thought this through." I breathed out, looking at my shoes and then softly feeling his hands cup my face and lift it up so I was looking at him. His eyes were just looking directly into mine and I knew that this conversation was going to be long.

I wanted to go an sit down on the couch that was next to us, but he tightened his grip on my waist, not that he was hurting me, but I knew that he didn't want me to move. I was just glad that he wasn't rushing me, and he didn't look mad.

"So, I'm here because I can't stop thinking about you. I do know what you do for a living, I do know that you are literally Mafia royalty, but even though I want to be rational and tell myself that it's better off if I don't see you again, I can't, because every fiber of my body, every single thought that passes through my brain, makes me think of you, and honestly nothing so wrong, ever felt so right to me." I said, and I was starting to get a bit flustred, he lifted his hand gently and started to put strands of my hair behind my ears and softly touching my hair as he did so, it was so soothing. And that made me want to prove my point even more.

"See just that, it's driving me crazy, thinking that I could never see you again. And even thought it could be dangerous, because you surely have enemies, I cannot for the life of me fathom the idea of not being with you." I tell him, and something in his eyes sparkled,

"When I say being with you I mean-"
and as I was about to explain the whole, it's only been 24hours since we know each other but still I feel a very strong connection.

I felt his rough hand gently cup my left cheek and he softly placed his lips on mine. I could say that it shocked me to my very core, but I was waiting for that so much that I instantly moved my lips against his, placing my left hand on his neck.

The kiss being, everything I ever wished for. It was slow and soft as if he thought that I'd break if he was to let me go. I knew that he had really plum and kissable lips but the way and the feeling his lips felt on mine was amazing.

"You know you're really cute when you're rambling?" he said, as we pulled away to breathe, his forehead resting on mine and his smile, taking my breath away.

He was just perfect. His black shirt tight in all the right places, with his sleeves rolled up nicely, his tattoos on display and a loose strand on his perfectly sleeked back hair falling on his forehead. The vision was pure perfection. I couldn't help it and went on the tip of my toes to peck his lips once more.

At that moment, the door of his office flew open and I pulled away startled as he just pressed me against his chest, his face completely changing, from the beautiful smile he had on, to his business face, cold demeanor and giving a death glare at the person who had barged in.

"Capo! I-" The guy said as soon as he opened the door, stopping once he saw me in Enzo's arms.

"For the love of God Matteo, Knock or I swear I'll shoot you next time." He said pissed but untightened his grip on me once he saw that there wasn't any danger.

"I- I am sorry, it's just we have a situation. There is an intruder in the mansion. Someone pretended to be the help of the delivery man and just snuck past our security." He continued and I gulped knowing it was me.

"What! How is that even possi-"Enzo stopped and I felt him look down at me, he looked serious, too serious but a small smile tried to make his way on his lips.

"Guilty." I said putting my hand in the air, just like you do when the teacher is calling your name when the class begins to see if you're here.

"How?"  the Matteo guy asked, and I shrugged,

"Took a couple of  pizza boxes in my hand and said to the guard that the delivery guy had forgotten those." I said, I could feel Enzo's head resting on top of mine, was he hiding a laugh?

"I am really sorry, but I mean at least it's a good experience for you guys. To you know, up your game in the security department." I said again and Enzo pulled away from me just a bit and gave me a 'really?' kind of look.

I couldn't really process anything besides the fact that he was hot.
Sue me.

"I am guessing that you were the one who hacked our database earlier today." Matteo said and I nodded,

"I am really sorry about that by the way. It's just that I couldn't find all the information needed in the government's database." I said looking at them, and that's when Matteo burst out laughing.

"You hacked into the government's database? Also, you did an impressive job with the hacking, I mean, we tried to track you down but it was literally impossible. The servers kept bouncing off satellites everywhere around the globe." He said again, I couldn't help but feel a bit proud, I could feel Enzo's eyes on me and I felt like I was going to melt at any moment. But this time from nerves.

"So that's how you knew where I lived?" he asked, and I nodded playing with the sleeve of my sweatshirt.

"Cute." He said and kissed my forehead.

"But don't ever do it again." He said, being all bossy again and I just nodded.

"You know we could use someone like you on our IT team." Matteo said looking at me smiling.

"Matteo out!" Enzo said, being authoritative, his face became white as a sheet.

"Out! Now, and turn off the intruder alert." Enzo told him and Matteo composed himself and left, closing the door.

"So, you hacked into the government's database and mine for what?" he asked, knowing full well, why I did it. But if he needed an ego boost, I would give it to him.

"To find you." I simply said, and he gave me one toothy smile, and it made my heart melt.

I felt his hand slowly make his way towards my chin and lift it up and soon our lips met and melted together.

Putting my left hand behind his neck, I felt my sweatshirt rising up a bit and then felt his warm hand on my skin, as he was holding me by my waist.

"God I could easily be addicted to this." I said, without even realizing it.

"Already addicted." His low voice said before planting another kiss on my lips.

Already addicted.