Chapter 7

I took a deep breath and turned around, passing by  Enzo on my way back to the house

I took a deep breath and turned around, passing by  Enzo on my way back to the house. He looked confused and lost but I think he got it pretty quickly. I was mad, sad, disappointed and angry. As I entered the living room to go outside Aaron stopped me again.

As he was about to talk to me, I saw red, could this guy get a clue ? As soon as he opened his mouth, I just couldn't stand it anymore. I punched him, hard. God it felt good, but I knew that my hand would hurt like hell.

Everyone around us scoffed and gasped, I looked behind me and Enzo was there a smug smile on his lips as I turn around to see a crying Aaron, his hand holding his bloody nose. I mumbled a small 'sorry'.

I ran outside and went towards my car. God I needed to go home, I sat in my car and started crying. I guess I was overwhelmed and I had to let everything out. I then heard a soft knock on my window. I wiped my eyes and got out of the car to come face to face with Enzo, he had his hands in his pockets and his demeanor changed once he saw my puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"Are you okay?" he asked, and I gave him a 'do I look okay' look, he cleared his throat and said again.

"Let me see your hand." He said in his authoritative voice, I have learned in the small time I had been with him that he didn't like to ask questions, he gave orders. Before I could protest, he had my small hand in his big one.

"This is going to hurt like hell." He said then looked quickly back at me,
"Thank you for pointing out the obvious." I said, he raised an eyebrow at me, but then I let out a big breath that I didn't know was holding, and looked back up at him.

"I'm sorry. I am usually not like that; it certainly isn't like me to punch someone and to also be this unpleasant. It's just my hand hurts like hell and after listening to what my 'best friends' said, I am not quite sure I have friends anymore." I said looking up at him and again being totally blown away by how tall and handsome he was. I took the sleeve of my cardigan and used it to wipe my tears. I let out a shaky breath looking back over at the house, Enzo now leaning against my car.

"Were those two people supposed to be the friends you were talking to me about earlier?" he asked looking at the house too, then back at me. The way he looked at me giving me goosebumps, or maybe it was just that it had gotten colder.

"Yes, my best friends. We've known each other since we're like 6 years old." I tell him, sniffling a bit still and looking for tissues in my bag.

"Well, they are jerks." He said still looking at me and I just nodded, as I could feel a fresh batch of tears wanting to come out, but I took a deep breath and tried to swallow whatever horrible feeling I was feeling. I looked over at my right hand and saw my knuckles turning purple, I scrunched up my nose.

"Well, I am just going home, thank you for the Aaron situation and also the cookies from earlier." I tell him as I was about to open my door, he closed it and put his hand on my door keeping it closed and hovered over me.

"You're welcome but I have a feeling that your punch worked better than my warning. Anyway, I cannot let you leave when your hand looks like that." He said giving me a pointed look, and I just stared at him, frowning, what was he implying?

"Come I'll take you to the hospital to get your hand checked, as far as I know you could have something broken." He tells me again, but before I could protest, I saw the three guys from earlier coming out the house with the young girl that had bumped into me behind them. Enzo looked over at them and I saw him going towards them, they talked and the conversation between him and the girl seemed heated, yikes I wouldn't want to be her. Soon after I saw the three guys and the girl hop on inside the G Wagon, I had seen earlier. So it was his car.

"Come on let's go, I'll drive." He said coming towards me and taking my arm guiding me towards the passenger seat and opening the door for me and closing it while I was inside. I saw him come towards the driver side and get in.

"Jesus, you really are small." He said while pushing the driver's seat back, I just shrugged, completely frozen, on how a guy I didn't know was going to drive my car, I mean, I don't even let Noah drive my car.

"Are you going to stare at me the whole way to the hospital ?" he asked me and then I turned and faced the road. I swear he was getting under my skin, I just couldn't figure out if I liked it or not.

"I was just wondering, how we arrived to this precise moment. I mean I am grateful for your help, but did you really have to drive my car? It's my baby and now you have messed up my whole seating thing." I tell him, I was already mad as it was and I could feel that I was starting to get hungry, I was about to be in such a foul mood. The only thing he found appropriate to do was smile and roll his eyes.

"And what will you do to me? Punch me like you did that guy?" he said, a smirk still on his lips and his voice full of malice.

"Well, if I was taller maybe." I tell him above a whisper, starting to be grumpy, as my hand was hurting like hell.

"What's that?" he said, for me to repeat but I knew he had heard me, so I just cleared my throat and repeated myself.
"I said, well if I was taller maybe."

He looked at me with wide eyes, a mixture of shock and something I would call, admiration?

"You know that usually no one dares to repeat themselves, when I ask that kind of question." He said looking straight at the road, and I frowned,
"Then why do you ask?" I asked, genuinely wondering, I mean why ask if you don't want a reply.

"Because usually I heard the first time, but people aren't dumb enough to repeat themselves." He said, and I opened my mouth in a O, I was faking being that dramatic,
"Are you saying I am dumb?" I asked him and looked at him, he glanced at me quickly and I could almost see a small smile appearing. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Here we are." He said pulling over at the entrance of the hospital. As I was about to open my door, he was already out and opening it for me. I thanked him and we made our way inside.

My hand wasn't looking pretty in the dark but now with all the white lights turned on inside the hospital my hand looked really awful.

I was about to go to the reception of the ER and speak to the lady when Enzo beat me to it and started talking with someone at the reception, both him and the nurse turning to look at me and I could see their eyes lowering and looking at my hand then back at me. Soon enough Enzo came towards me and put his arm around me guiding me towards the nurse.

"Hi sweetie, I am nurse Tina, what's your name?" she asked me politely.
"I'm Maggie Richmond." I tell her and saw her write my name down on the information chart, I looked up at Enzo who was on his phone but still had his arm loosely wrapped around my shoulders.

"Okay, please come with me to the X-ray room." She told me and I nodded ready to follow her wherever she was to take me.
"Mister Ferrari, there are seats in front of the X-ray room, I am afraid you won't be able to come inside with her. Or you could stay here, in the ER waiting room, if you wish to." She told him, he glanced up from his phone. His last name sounded familiar but I just shrugged it off.

"I am coming with." And the nurse just nodded, so we made our way towards the room and Enzo still hadn't let go of me. I could feel his warm hand against my arm.

Suddenly I thought about my mom and all the stranger danger talk she gave me, but I don't know why I didn't feel like I was in danger when I was with him. And anyway I was way too hungry to start worrying about that.

As soon as we arrived in front of the door to the X-ray he turned me around to face him.
"I'll wait for you here, okay?" he said and I nodded, and after a few seconds  he took his arm off of me.

"Miss you should leave your bag and cardigan here." The nurse said to me, and I just looked over at Enzo who had his hand out waiting for me to give him my things, and so I did. Thanking him and smiling at him before I entered the room.