Chapter 16

To say I was in a good mood when my alarm went off this morning would be a big fat lie

To say I was in a good mood when my alarm went off this morning would be a big fat lie. I had slept well yes, but God, was I tired. I had slept on my right hand and it was hurting like hell.

I got up and directly took a pill that the doctor had prescribed whenever I would be in pain.

I went into my walk-in closet and sat down on my small couch, and looked around, my motivation as low as ever. Remembering that I would also have to face Olivia and Noah, and God knew I didn't have the strength. I took my phone out and checked the weather, seeing as it was supposed to rain later during the day I decided I'd wear some pants and not a short.

I started to get ready, took my beige cargo pants, a white kind of tank top and a beige flannel that used to belong to my dad, it looked quite large on me. I put on my white Converse and took my backpack. I did my hair quickly, applied my hydrating cream and a bit of mascara and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Good morning Maggie, slept well?" Isabelle asked me as I sat down on the chair in front of the kitchen island

"Yes I did, thank you Isabelle, and you, how did you sleep?" I asked her and she replied that she slept well too.

Soon she was placing my plate in front of me. Strawberries, pancakes and a glass of apple juice.

I dug in as she did the same, sitting next to me. It wasn't 'conventional' but I had asked her to eat breakfast with me before school so I could have a little bit of human interaction.

"Lance is in front of the door Maggie." Isabelle told me and I drank the rest of my apple juice hurrying up. Lance was our chauffeur, he drops me to school and picks me up everyday, there isn't a lot of parking space around the campus so my parents thought it'd be easier that way.

I made my way outside and entered the black Cadillac Escalade, greeting Lance and buckling up.
Resting my head against the headrest and watching as the scenery passed by the window. All too soon we arrived at a stop and Lance told me that we had arrived, I thanked him and he told me he'd be back at 2 p.m., I took a deep breath and opened the door.