Chapter 37

So I waited, up there in the vent, right above Enzo. I tried to find a pattern of how many times someone came to see him, and I could see from the light coming from under his door that it was always turned on. Meaning that probably his door was guarded and that someone was always out there. 

It had probably been more than 3 hours since I was up there and even more since I had escaped from Xavier, I was getting more tired by the second and hungry, god was I hungry. I looked around the vent, it was really narrow, but I didn't doubt that Enzo could pass through, he could at least hide in the vent while I would be looking for a way out.

The door had just closed on Enzo, after someone had come in to give him water and I knew that I had to go now. Taking a deep breath I lifted the small vent door thingy and dropped down in front of Enzo trying to make as little noise as possible.

The look of Enzo's face was priceless, and I wish I had had more time to enjoy his reaction but unfortunately I knew that we didn't have much time.

"Mags?" he asked, he looked a mixture of surprised and relieved, I mean I couldn't blame him, I went right behind him and started to look at his restraints. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him, dumb question maybe, but I needed to know how he was feeling.

"I'm okay." he said trying to look at me, 

"How are you love? Did he touch you, do anything to you?" he asked and I could feel my rage against Xavier start to rise again,

"That is a question for another time E." I told him, and I could feel that he wanted to push on the subject and I saw his jaw clench but he didn't say anything else, thankfully.

"I have a plan." I said as I finished untying his hands and feet, helping him stand up and looking up at the vent.

"Yes me too, I was just waiting for you to find me." he said with a smug smile, then out of nowhere he lifted his hand showing me a ring he had on, that he was always wearing and pressed the top part of the ring, and I heard a click.

"Did you really think that I would come here alone? Without back-up or a plan?" he asked me a smug smile on his face, and for a second I smiled back letting out a deep sigh of relief.

"Well then it means I did a good job and that maybe Xavier believed me as well." he said, he had this boyish smile that just made me melt, and for a quick second I just wanted to hug him and stay in his arms forever. But that would have to wait.

"Wow I guess that finally your team did something good. I was seriously doubting the whole powerful mafia group speech you had told me." I laughed slowly, and before he could even reply, the whole lighting of the room changed, going from white lights to red lights and an alarm blaring.

I jumped a bit at the noise not expecting it, and Enzo placed his hand on my lower back. God it felt great to feel his touch.

"Xavier's guys are going to come here first, to either kill you or get you somewhere else." I told Enzo looking up at him, and he nodded, his face all serious. We managed to climb up the vent and right at that moment people barged in looking everywhere for Enzo, guns in their hands and looking ready to kill anyone. 

I turned around looking at Enzo and I raised a finger to my lips, telling him to be quiet, and he just nodded my way. From where we were, we saw Wavier's guys become crazy looking everywhere and even looking at the door number making sure they were in the right room.

Then Xavier appeared, hair in disarray looking frantic and also slightly lunatic.

"Where is he?!" he yelled looking around,