Chapter 18

Once we had arrived at Enzo's house Isabelle was taken to a room and I followed Enzo inside his maze of a mansion

"Here you can take a shower if you want, it's right through here." He said as he opened the door to a big room with dark tones and led me to the ensuite bathroom. It was huge and beautiful, white marble everywhere, a very stark contrast with how dark the bedroom was.

"Thank you so much, again." I tell him turning around to face him, he placed his hand on my waist and kissed me, the kiss slowly turning into a very heated and passionate kiss, as if he was to let me go I would disappear at any moment. His forehead resting against mine after we had to pull away to breathe.

"You're welcome. I will find whoever is behind all this, I promise!" he said, sounding determined and honestly, I wouldn't like to be the person he was going to catch because I wasn't sure that Enzo wouldn't kill them.

"We captured two of the five guys that had intruded your house." He said and I nodded, as I sat on the bed, seeing him pace around the room.

"Where are the three others?" I asked, and he gave me a look, and I instantly understood that they were dead. I nodded and swallowed hard.

"I have to take care of some things, I will ask someone to bring you some food, you must be starved. I'll try to be quick and then I will stay with you, okay?" he said and I nodded, understanding that we would be sharing this room together and that it was most likely his own room.

"Is this your room?" I asked him a hint of amusement in my voice, and he nodded.

"Suits you." I tell him and saw a small smile on his lips, he passed his hand through his hair like he had done a million times since he rescued me, and I could see he was preoccupied and overall mad.

"Go, I'll take a shower and then go right to bed and wait for you." I told him, getting on my tip toes and kissing his lips softly. We pulled away, his eyes fixed on mine,

"God you're beautiful." He said as his fingertips traced my jawline, I blushed, furiously, and pecked his lips once more before I let him go. He looked at me and then quickly left the room.

I quickly went inside the bathroom, locking the door behind me and turning the shower on. As soon as the temperature was to my liking I stepped in, folding my clothes neatly near the sink. As the water was running down my body and ultimately making me relax, I wondered what would have happened if Enzo wouldn't have been there.

Also it made me think about us, was there even an 'us'? I was never the type of girl to have this type of casual relationship, heck, I never even had a proper boyfriend, and yet here I was kissing him like my life depended on it. Oddly enough I couldn't even fathom the idea of not having him in my life. I had known him for what? Three days, I had spent 22 years of my life, happy and not knowing him, and yet, his presence was addictive.