Chapter 25

"I love you

"I love you."

I froze, looking up at him. He looked all blurry due to the tears welling up in my eyes.

He used the back on his hand to touch my cheek softly, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"It took me to come inside our room and see all your stuff gone, to realize how much I love you. I was so scared for you that I started to work non-stop to the point where I wouldn't even come to see you anymore. I was wrong, so wrong and I am so sorry to have caused you pain. I was just trying to protect you. And now I see that I really didn't do it in the best of ways." He said, regret clear in his voice, I almost had trouble concentrating in what he was saying, his muscular arms in display as were his tattoos.
My heart skipping a beat when he said, 'our room'.

"I-.." I started but was at loss for words.

"Look Maggie, I am very close to finding whoever is behind all this and I promise that once all this is over we can go back to California and just be together. Like we are meant to be." He said, touching my face softly and leaning in, before I frowned and put my hand on his chest to stop him.

"I- I don't want to go back to California." I told him honestly, his eyes darkening and his grip on my waist tightening, not enough to hurt but strong enough to let me know he wasn't happy with my answer.

"What so you can be with this Jake guy?" he asked getting up, almost making me fall in the process, as I was sitting on his lap, I frowned at his comment.

"What? No, not for him!" I said bewildered, my heart was pounding in my chest and my head starting to hurt.

"Right, if it wouldn't have been for me seeing Matteo talk to you and break the kiss you were sharing on the beach, I am sure you wouldn't have told me." He said, crossing his arms on his chest, a cold glare on his perfect face.

"Excuse me?" I said, trying to control my anger, God tell me he was not saying what he was saying.

"Don't get all saint on me Maggie, you were clearly on a date with this...guy." He said, disgust in his voice, and I could've sworn I heard my heart break, and I saw red, the last person calling me a saint being Olivia.

Thinking about it, it felt so long ago.

"I was supposed to get a fresh start to leave you alone. I did all this for you, it has been 8 months Enzo. Eight long months of me killing myself because I couldn't stop thinking about you. I never thought after so long you would be here standing in front of me. I thought you would have moved on." I said again, getting flustered.

"Oh so that's why you decided to move on, with him?" he said, disgust and hurt in his eyes, he still had a frown on his face, as if I had murdered his dog.

"You abandoned me for two weeks, alone in a room that I wasn't even allowed to leave." I started only to be cut off by him, coming towards me in anger, I didn't move, not wanting to look afraid, when in reality I was out of my body scared.