10. Stranger In Bed

"Hello?"

The only response was slow, heavy breathing. Damon was confused. He looked around to make sure he was really in his room. He then walked around the bed to face the person. It was Savana.

"Umm, what are you doing?" Damon whispered.

He saw her eyes open, but she didn't answer him. He waved his hand in front of her face. She didn't blink. Her pretty hazel eyes looked glossed over now. He put his hand right under her nose and was satisfied with her breathing.

Damon looked down at himself and remembered he was naked. He ducked down onto the wood floor and crawled back to the other side of the bed. He found a pair of sweatpants to wear and swore he would never sleep naked again. Although, it seemed like she didn't notice. Was she sleeping with her eyes open?

After Damon walked back over to Savana and saw her eyes closed, he slipped out his door and headed down the hallway to Ezra's room. The door slowly opened but creaked loudly. He whispered. "Ezra. Ezra. Hey. Wake up."

Ezra rolled over and opened his eyes slightly. "What's up?" His voice was groggy.

"Savana is in my room." Damon whispered.

Ezra shot up from his pillow. "What the fuck? Why is she in there?"

As he stepped closer to the bed, Damon saw something ignite in Ezra's eyes. "It's not what you think! I was sleeping, and she crawled into my bed. I think she was sleepwalking or something."

"Oh." Ezra sighed and laid his head on the pillow again.

"Oh? Oh, what? Does she do this a lot or something? What do I do?" Damon asked in a panic.

"Just get her back to the couch." Ezra snuggled more in his blanket, still facing Damon.

"Why don't you do it?" Damon raised his voice. He caught himself and lowered it again. "Sounds like you've dealt with this before."

Ezra sighed. "Well, when I deal with it, I just yell at her to wake up and get her ass back to bed."

"No, I'm not doing that." Damon didn't want to scare or embarrass her. He couldn't imagine what it must feel like to wake up somewhere different.

"Just carry her back to the couch then. It's your problem now." Ezra rolled over and faced the wall. He grinned at himself.

"Ah, shit." Damon put his arms over his head and walked back into his room. He just stood beside his bed and watched Savana for a few minutes. She looked sad even in her sleep. There was a sudden urge to brush her hair away from her face. Instead, he walked out of the room and quietly shut the door.

Savana's eyes shot open. Something didn't feel right. She wasn't in her bedroom. She quickly moved her arms around her sides, still staring at the ceiling. So, she was in bed. She slowly rolled over. There wasn't anyone else there.

She quickly sat up and looked around the room. It was a large square room with dark blue walls. There was a TV on a stand across from the bed. A dresser, a window to her left, and a door to her right. She looked back at the window and saw it was morning. An oscillating fan ran in the corner on the other side of the TV. It still felt stuffy in there. She realized she had been sweating.

She slowly got out of bed, feeling disoriented. She took a few steps towards the window and opened it, letting in some fresh air. She breathed in deeply and felt more alert. On the other side of the door, someone laughed. Savana listened for a moment and recognized it was Ezra. She put her ear to the door and heard Ezra talking to someone. His voice was too muffled to listen to the words. She didn't hear anyone else. Curious, she slowly opened the door and peeked through the crack.