12. Flowers On A Grave

As Landon pulled into the parking lot, he honked his horn and waved through the window.

"Fucking great," Savana growled as she turned to her friends. She and Faye were about to tell Cully more about what happened with Landon and Damon last night.

"What the fuck?" Damon narrowed his eyes at the black truck.

"He must have finished the store already. I figured my mom would have kept him longer." Ezra shrugged.

Cully looked confused. "Why would he be at your mom's store?"

"My mom gave him a job there," Ezra said.

Cully's eyes grew wide as she looked back at Savana. "Oh, my god. You have to work with him now?" She laughed.

Savana rolled her eyes. "Yeah, it's hilarious. Wait until you hear what happened last night."

"Yeah, what the fuck? Just tell me already!" She was super anxious to hear more. She scooted closer to Savana.

Damon stood up. "Well, I guess the party's over."

Cully looked up at him. "Why? Landon always shows up here."

"I'm not staying if he's here," Damon said.

"I'm not either." Savana stood up, dived off the raft, and swam to the beach. Damon jumped after her.

Cully looked at Faye and Ezra. "Okay, what the hell is going on?" she asked.

"Damon and Landon don't get along at all. There was a fight last night." Faye replied.

Cully looked at Ezra. Her voice was soft. "Is that why you have that bruise on your face?" She noticed the bruise when they got to the lake but didn't know how to ask about it.

Faye explained. "Landon was about to hit Damon but Ezra stepped in the way and got hit instead."

Ezra laughed and put his hand on his face. "Yeah, that's what happens when you get in between those two. Well, let's go!" He stood up and jumped into the water. The girls followed closely behind.

Landon sat in his truck and watched Savana swim towards the beach. He was frustrated seeing Damon with her again. He decided to wait until the rest of the group got to the beach before getting out of his truck. He waved and stepped down from his tall truck when they finally did.

Only Ezra waved back. Landon didn't remember much from last night, but he remembered hitting Ezra by mistake. He felt guilty and wanted to apologize.

Damon walked past Landon carrying the cooler. Their eyes met. It was as if they dared each other to say something. Neither said a word.

Savana put her clothes back on and grabbed her towel as Landon approached them. She wouldn't meet his eyes.

"You guys leaving?" Landon asked.

Ezra felt awkward leaving like that. "Um yeah, we have to take Savana home."

Landon frowned. "Hey, I'm sorry about last night. I don't remember much but I do remember hitting you. It's been rough lately." He looked down at the ground.

Ezra smiled and patted his shoulder. "I know man. It'll be alright. Just try to keep your cool around Damon alright? He's my friend too."

"I mean, I'll try, but he's the one who has a problem with me." Landon glared at Damon, who was returning from a red pickup truck.

Before Ezra could say anything, Cully interrupted. "Faye and I want to stay here for a while longer Ezra. Maybe after you drop off Savana you can come back and hang out?" She was desperate to hang out with Ezra more. She felt out of the loop since she wasn't at his house last night.