60. Rain, Rain Go Away

As the rain pounded against the cabin, tensions escalated within. Wade and Reese were engrossed in a high-stakes card game, their competitive spirits flaring, oblivious to Brad and David. Savana and Jade, wrapped in cozy blankets, sat by the small fireplace, their eyes glued to the unfolding drama.

"Think you've got me beat, Reese?" Wade taunted, a smirk playing on his lips as he laid down a card. "Uno!"

Reese's eyes sparkled with anticipation. "Oh, just wait for it."

The air grew heavy as Brad and David took their turns. The tension was palpable as the game neared its climax.

"Not so fast," Reese retorted, laying down another card.

David and Brad erupted into laughter. It was a "draw four" card.

"Dammit!" Wade groaned, his face falling in disappointment.

"You got this Wade!" Jade cheered, her voice filled with encouragement.

Savana laughed along with Jade, finding the spectacle of a group of men playing Uno surprisingly entertaining.

The game dragged on for several more rounds. To everyone's surprise, David emerged as the winner despite having fifteen cards at one point.

As the day wore on, the rain ceased. Fortunately, they had tarped the firewood, ensuring it remained dry. With the sky clearing, everyone ventured outside to the fire pit. Brad flipped burgers over the fire. Jade brought out a fresh batch of marshmallows for roasting.

Laughter and chatter filled the air as they savored the food and the fire's warmth. The fire cast shadows that danced and flickered across everyone's faces. The stars were as bright as the night before. Savana never tired of gazing at them.

As the night deepened, Brad and David returned inside for bed. The tension between Wade and Reese increased. Wade sat across the fire, his gaze stuck on the others. Reese and Jade sat on either side of Savana, their whispers a low hum in the otherwise quiet night.

"I'll act like I'm going to get more snacks. You two keep him distracted, and I'll sneak up on him," Jade suggested, her laughter light and mischievous.

Savana giggled along, her excitement mirroring Jade's. She loved the thrill of scaring people. Reese looked forward to it just as much.

With mischievous smiles, Savana and Reese watch Jade stand up from her chair.

"I'm gonna grab some chips. Anyone want anything?" Jade asked.

In unison, Savana and Reese replied, "We're good." They laughed together.

"Jinx." Savana said as she lightly punched Reese's shoulder.

Reese exaggerated a groan and leaned back in his camping chair. "Who are you, the Hulk?"

"I'll show you the Hulk." Savana laughed as she showed off her toned arms.

"Oh yeah?" Reese stood up and whipped his shirt off. "Here's a gunshow for ya."

Savana burst out in laughter. She didn't mean to laugh as to make fun of him because he definitely had muscles. But it was unexpected, and his goofy smile could make anyone laugh.

Wade scoffed with a disapproving expression.

"What's that Wade? Got something for us?" Reese asked with a hand to his ear.

"Yeah, I got something that will impress ya'll." Wade smirked as he stood next and took his shirt off to reveal his muscular body.

Savana burst out laughing again. "You guys." Her laughter made her breathless. "Do this a lot?"

Reese and Wade stood still and looked at each other. Realizing it was pretty ridiculous, they put their shirts back on and sat back down.

Meanwhile, Jade stood by the trees, away from the light of the fire. The sight of Wade flexing his muscles caught her off guard. For a moment, she felt her stomach squeeze itself. Realizing neither Wade nor Reese ever acted like that with her.

After Jade snapped out of her daze, she stealthily stepped closer to Wade. Her footsteps were barely audible with Savana's loud laughter. As she got closer, her heart raced. She had to control her laughter from escaping her throat.

Jade took a deep breath and inched closer and closer. Wade was seemingly unaware of her presence and continued giving his attention to Savana. Jade slowly raised her arms. She then quickly grabbed Wade's shoulders and shouted, "Gotcha!"

Wade didn't flinch. He smiled and winked at Savana before turning to face Jade. "Have to try harder than that sweetie."

Jade groaned, "I'll get you one day!" She playfully shoved him as she returned to her chair.

"You gonna give it a try too, hun?" Wade asked Savana. His eyes gleamed.

Savana laughed. "I bet I could scare you shitless."

The three of them continued their banter as Reese sat silent. He couldn't shake off the uneasy feeling in his gut as he watched them interact. The way Wade looked at Savana. There was something about Wade that didn't sit right with him.