50. Prom - Pt. 1

It was finally prom night. Savana and Faye got ready at Cully's house. Savana felt relieved to hear that her dad wasn't home much anymore. Michael was mainly at work or with his brother. Maureen continued to work late or go on business trips. Troy stayed at Nick's house most of the time. Cully felt divorce became inevitable at that point. It was like torture.

Savana and Cully were surprised when Faye told them who her prom date was. Savana was happy for Faye, but Cully avoided the subject. Cully barely even liked to talk about Chase anymore.

They finished their hair and makeup and strolled to Cully's car in glamorous dresses. Chase and Ezra agreed to meet them at school instead of picking them up. Cully and Faye insisted they get ready with Savana and drive to the dance with her. They felt sorry for her not having a date at a school dance again. But they were happy she broke things off with Landon.

Students dressed in tuxedos and gowns packed the school parking lot. The three girls walked toward the school entrance and searched for their dates.

"Hey!" Chase shouted out to them from the crowd.

Cully smiled at Chase in his grey tuxedo and red tie. He looked very handsome and surprisingly chipper. She picked his suit to match her fire-red ballgown.

The girls walked up to Chase, and soon Ezra found them.

"Hello ladies." Ezra smiled at them. "Looking great!"

Cully blushed and looked away. Faye and Savana smiled and thanked him.

Faye and Ezra had talked more about things since their shocking discovery. It became less awkward for them. They decided to wait to reveal their sibling relationship to their friends.

Luckily, Ezra still had his old tuxedo from his high school prom. It was a simple black tux, which Faye thought complemented her black sequined strapless dress. They looked like they were going to a formal ball instead of a high school prom. A lot of the students gathered around were gazing at them and whispering. Cully felt a tinge of jealousy.

Savana didn't want any attention on her. She was already embarrassed to go without a date. But she loved how her auburn hair looked with her spring green floor-length dress.

They all walked inside and headed for the gym. Music started playing. Teachers and chaperones were standing on the sidelines, chatting with each other.

"Oh look!" Cully leaned over to Savana and pointed to a corner of the decorated room.

Savana followed Cully's waving finger and spotted a handsome figure beside Mr. Fillens.

"Damn." Savana said under her breath.

Damon noticed Savana looking over at him and waved at her. He wore a black tuxedo as well. Savana smiled and waved back.

Savana then looked at Ezra questionably.

"I told him if I had to go, he had to." Ezra laughed. "Though, it seemed like he had already planned for it."

Savana never thought of Damon being at the dance. She wished she had known sooner. She smacked Ezra's arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" Ezra rubbed his arm.

"Because." Savana glanced back to where Damon stood. He smiled at her again and continued his conversation with Mr. Fillens.

The group sat at a table to settle in and drink more of the typical school dance punch. As the dance continued, Chase and Ezra took turns dancing with Savana during some slow songs. Dancing with Chase wasn't as awkward as homecoming. And, of course, it didn't faze Savana when dancing with Ezra.