Chapter 14

Alhaitham woke up to the sound of the device-Kaveh's voice-playing in his mind, "Good morning Alhaitham. I set this to go off when it's nine so don't get mad at me. Hurry up and get ready, otherwise you'd be late for work. I... I love you."

Alhaitham would be mad, but considering the message Kaveh had given to him, he decided to let it slide. He rolled to the other side of his bed. He thought about the recording for a second and smiled to himself. Alhaitham sat up and let out a long sigh. He got up from his bed with his sleepwear on and went to the kitchen.

Sure enough, he found that Kaveh was already- wait. No, Kaveh was still at home. But why? Kaveh would've been out already. He probably had a day off or something. Alhaitham saw him trying to cook something without burning the entire kitchen-also wearing no top but an apron. Then he noticed all the scratches and bite marks on Kaveh's back. He caught his face flush a little, but he shook it off. It was nothing he hadn't seen. Besides, he was the one who did that anyways Alhaitham decided to walk a little closer to the Kaveh that was frying something on the pan and tapped on his shoulder, "Kaveh?-"

"AH!" Alhaitham was interrupted by Kaveh screaming and dropping the spade of the frying pan. He definitely got startled, probably because he was daydreaming about something again. Kaveh awkwardly picked up the spade and looked at Alhaitham, mad. "Look what you've done! I was cooking and-"

"Kaveh, you're going to burn your food along with the kitchen. Keep your eyes on the food when you cook." Alhaitham cut him off, resisting a face palm at the end of his sentence.

Kaveh quickly turned around in a panic and started skewing and flipping whatever he could, "This is all your fault, Haitham! You made me drop the spade and now you're going to make me burn my food!"

Alhaitham crossed his arms against his chest and watched Kaveh going on and on about how Alhaitham almost made him burn the whole house down. To summarize, Kaveh was exaggerating. "That's an interesting and unique way to say good morning, Kaveh. I have another method, in case you're interested. It's very simple; just say 'good morning' and you're good to go. All this other stuff is genuinely really unnecessary."

"I was not trying to greet you with a good morning, Alhaitham." Kaveh argued back, setting the food on the plate. His tone was clearly annoyed.

Just when Kaveh turned around with the plates in his hand, Alhaitham cleared his throat and continued, "Not greeting me early in the morning? Don't you think that's a little bit rude?"

Kaveh sighed in annoyance, glaring at Alhaitham, "As a matter of fact, Alhaitham, I did greet you this morning; through that little device I gave you last night. And don't you think it's a bit rude to let a person carry two plates of food all by himself?"

Alhaitham took a plate from one of Kaveh's hands and examined it. It genuinely looked edible this time around. "I do personally prefer people greeting me in person rather than setting an alarm just for greeting me through a recording device."

"Oh shut up, Alhaitham. Be grateful I even greeted you this morning." Kaveh scoffed and started to walk off to the dining room.

Alhaitham followed him, catching up very quickly. "I thought that greeting in the morning first thing in person was the bare minimum to do to the person that you love. I thought you said you loved me? That is, unless you were lying to me, which I really doubt. I don't think you'd want to be making out and having sex with me almost every night if you didn't love me."

Kaveh's face heated up as they reached the dining room. He placed his plate on the table, and Alhaitham followed. "Well, you should be used to it by now. I'm not one of those cheesy people who give a good morning speech to their partners." He sat down.