Aftermath (FINAL PART)

A/N: So who actually thought Kaveh was gonna survive? Go take a look in the mirror after you read this chapter and see how much of a fool you are /j Also this is gonna be quite of a short chapter because it's just the aftermath lol

The sound of the monitor beeping had flattened over half an hour ago. There was nothing anyone could do to save Kaveh or get Alhaitham out of the room. After all, Alhaitham's wish as the Scribe was to be left alone in the room for a while. "But you promised... You fucking promised me, that you'd always be by my side. You promised you were never going to leave me." Alhaitham's voice was muffled and cracked as he buried his face in Kaveh's chest, which was getting soaked up by Alhaitham's tears. He held and caressed his hand, hoping that that sweet, soft skin wouldn't start to decay, ever. "You lied. I hate you. I hate you so much, but I should've— I should've been there with you. I shouldn't have let you go. I should've forced you to stay with me. I should've—" Alhaitham's words were cut off by his cries and hiccups. Well, let's just say Kaveh's surgery didn't escalate well. The damage had already been done, and it was too late. He'd been left like that for maybe five hours before Cyno actually found him.

Suddenly, Cyno walked in from the door with Kaveh's little cube device in his hand. He sighed, and handed it to Alhaitham. "I found this on him, and thought maybe I should give this to you." Silence. There was silence for a little while. Cyno then placed the device on Alhaitham's lap, "I really think you should go now, Alhaitham. He's not coming back. He can't. I know it's hard, but you have to stop lying to yourself like this." He said softly before walking out of the room.

Alhaitham couldn't feel his face anymore. He'd cried too much it had become numb. Everything felt numb at that point. It was not a usual sight for anyone to see the Scribe cry. He felt so worn out and exhausted that the next thing he knew was that he fell asleep right there, his head resting on Kaveh.

After Alhaitham had woken up, he found himself on his own bed and the little cube device. He plugged in his earpieces and pressed on of the buttons. Alhaitham would've done this every single day for almost about a week, not leaving the house at all. Maybe there were a few trips to the kitchen and bathroom, but that was about it. It wasn't easy.

After the week was over, Alhaitham decided it was finally time for him to head out and do some actual work for his people. Everything seemed normal at first until everyone in Sumeru City kept spreading rumours about hearing him talking to the little device alone every day. It might really take him a while

A/N: I'm so so happy for the support this book has gotten, and thank you so much for reading until this chapter. I have a plot planned for season 2 if u guys want so just lmk in the comments. Although I have an idea for a whole new story too, so just lmk which one u guys wanna see more.