23: Justice, Part 1

"Don't get distracted and all caught up in your head. You wouldn't want that holding you back, now would you?"

Kakyoin felt a rush of emotions come over him at Jotaro's condescending words. The whole time he's been putting everyone's feelings before himself. He didn't want to sacrifice any of his newfound friendships.

Growing up, Kakyoin had always been an outcast. Nobody could see his Stand, nobody could relate to him on a personal level. He withdrew himself and was always insecure. He sat alone at school, no one apart from the presence of his Stand to accompany him. Never took the time to talk to any of his fellow peers. Never joined any clubs.

When he met Jotaro, he finally found what it was like to have a friend. He felt as if he could be more outgoing, because no matter what happened he would have at least one friend to understand him.

When he met you, he didn't know that you were another Stand user, another person like himself. But despite this, he was instantly drawn to you. They say Stand users attract other Stand users... but this wasn't the same as that. This was different.

When he met you, he learned what it was like to have a crush on someone. As he got to know you, he learned what it was like to love. He watched the way your hair moved whenever you walked, the way your eyes sparkled every time you smiled, the concentrated expression you made every time there was trouble or anytime you had to make a decision. He noticed the way you would instinctively cover your mouth every time you laughed a lot. How he so desperately wanted you to keep on showing him your beautiful smile.

Because of his new relationships, he did everything in his power to keep them strong.

But he also noticed the soft look on your face whenever you were also around Jotaro. The small amount of blush that would appear on your face any time something embarrassing happened, or if Jotaro showed any act of kindness whatsoever.

Kakyoin thinks about the night that you and him shared your feelings with each other... he thinks about it a lot. He thinks about when he kissed you. He thinks about those words you had said.

"That doesn't mean that I haven't started to develop feelings for you as well. I just... need time to figure some things out. I'm not sure what I feel. That's all."

Sometimes he wonders if you only said that because you didn't know what else to say. If you just didn't want to get his hopes down.

When Kakyoin first realized that Jotaro had a soft spot for you, he began second guessing telling you how he felt. He also began regretting kissing you. If his best friend liked you, he didn't want to do anything to upset him. He wanted to keep the peace.

So he tried to distance himself. He tried to forget about everything that happened. But the more he fought with his own emotions, the more miserable he began feeling.

But what Jotaro had just said...

...had taken away any remorse Kakyoin had.

He was tired of trying to make everyone else except himself happy.

"Actually, I think I'll be fine now."

Kakyoin glares at Jotaro, getting an equally menacing look back. You look between the two of them confused for a moment before you shrug your shoulders.

"Well if you're okay now, that's all that matters," You say as you lay back in your own personal row in the car and adjusting the new hat that Jotaro had bought you, deciding that whatever was troubling him and Kakyoin would be something that they could solve by themselves. As you stare out of the window, you notice that the further Polnareff drives the more fog there is.