Chapter 1 | Winter

People say If life gives you lemons, turn them into lemonade,but how are we suppose to do that when we are just stuck somewhere between life and death .

I didn't accept that my life would get more hard and then I took admission in Law School of Houston to become a lawyer specifically a civil lawyer.

So after getting my license I will move to New York to start my new life and also a happier one. (maybe)

Anyways, so now I'm in my third semester and sitting in a really boring lecture of Mr.Walker. I really don't get it how he is able to make fraud cases dull.

He would just point some things on his slides annnd we are good to go. I might sleep someday in his class.

I look around and find my friend -well, academic rival would be a appropriate word- Sabrina is fidgeting and scribbling on her textbook.

That's the only student I ever spoke to more than I can count so I might call her my friend. Well, most of the time it was to compare our assignments or exams but I'll consider it anyway.

After an hour of this lifeless lesson, the class was finally over and thankfully we had a break. I didn't think that I would really find no friends ( except Sabrina with whom I speak sometimes) in university. Well it doesn't matter as life is meant to be alone.

I never actually believed in the concept of a soulmate or I should say a life partner but I pretty much think that my life is now going to be just law and me.

Law had always made me feel alive even when I don't feel like living because it gives me a sense of being useful to people or to society, the sense of being able to protect as I have already lost the one I was meant to held on and protect.

So I just swallowed my pointless feelings, went to canteen to grab a sandwich because I only have money for it now but I will have some soon- soon.

I was just halfway through my sandwich when there rose up a noise of girls' squealing and grasping and I just know who entered the canteen.

Ezra Rodriguez. Tall, brown messy hair in which you want to run your hand
to feel it's softness (not me of course, why would I do that?), well-built body which is currently hidden under his hoodie and hazel eyes. In short, the Man of Every Girl's Dream. But not mine, I'm not interested in him and every trouble that comes along with him.

Last week while he was playing basketball with his team, in the middle of the match he lift his shirt and flashed his rigged abs to the whole audience just to wipe his sweat off his forehead. Girls went wild and some of them even fainted, literally. My ears are still suffering. But He- he just went on to take off his shirt and played the remaining match like that. From that day, I know that he is no good news.

Now back to present, he's just walking straight ahead like he is the king of the world. His ego must know no bounds but it's not entirely his fault, I mean look at the girls hovering him like a priced possession. What can I say? Their life, Their choice.

So I quickly finish my sandwich and got up for my physiology class before he can see me or worse recognize me ( I doubt that though) as we share the same psychology class schedule.

I know there are like whole 30 minutes but I really don't wanna stay here any longer. Maybe I could take a stroll around the building.

Houston university was founded in early 16th century so it was built in a quadrangle and then it was expanded as the years goes on. Now it was one of the top universities of the world because it not only offer law courses but also medical, humanities, computer sciences, music and even astrology.