Chapter 10 | Ezra

Paul and James are good company but I couldn't resist calling Winter to join me on my table when I saw her.

Winter sits on our table beside me and then after our small conversation, Paul and James introduce themselves. She is having burger today so I guess she finally decided to eat something more than usual. But she's also having a cold bottle of juice?

I think of buying her something warm but my gaze travel to my coffee. I just bought it so it should be warm now.

So I pass her my coffee say, "Hey don't drink juice. Here's coffee. It's still warm so drink up."

She thanks me and starts to drink it. And when she made a mmm sound from which I know that she likes it. And that put me in a good mood.

But my mood was interrupted here when Paul and James who are sitting across me ( I kinda forgot that they were here) give me sneaky smiles.

So I divert my attention to Winter. I didn't except her to sit with me but I guess she only knows me from our table. She is wearing a light cardigan with baggy jeans and Converse. Her hair is in a messy bun but she absolutely looks pretty.

I'm still looking at her when she suddenly looks at me. Feeling a blush, I pretend to see someone above her head. Then I heard her say,

"Are you okay?"

Now I actually look at her and reply, "Yeah, why?"

"Your ears are red."

Oh fuck, she noticed.

"Ohh, must be because of cold. You know weather's changing pretty fast, no? I say and then give her an awkward chuckle.

"Okay.", she says as if she doesn't believe me.

What am I doing? Am I dumb or not?

And she continues, "I have to visit library and then I've to go home so I'll go now. Bye. See you soon." And then hurries to finish the coffee.

"See you soon, Freckles."

She gets up, say bye to Paul and James with a smile-which I somehow don't like- and then turns to me and also give me a smile-which cause me butterflies- and walk away in the direction of exit.

I'm still looking at her direction when I hear a clap.

"Hey bro! Earth to Ezra!", I hear James say grinning.

How long was he calling me? Don't know.

"So Freckles, huh?", Paul pays upon which I turn my attention to them.

"I know where you're taking this. And I'm sorry that it's not what you're trying to say.", I assert while taking a bite of my sandwich.

"But he didn't say anything!", James replies me while slugging his arm around Paul's neck, which Paul immediately pushes away.

"Hey, keep your things to yourself."

"Why? Are you afraid you would fall in love with me because of my closeness."

"I swear James, I'll kill you someday but not today because I have someone more important to deal with.", Paul says and then they both turn their heads towards me.

"What?"

"So you give her a nickname, huh? I've been your friend since middle school but you never give me a nickname.", James says while making a sad face.

Ugh. These stupid people. "Of course I give you a name, Imbecile. Happy? Now leave me alone."

"Well, at least you give me a name. And we're certainly not leaving you alone."