Chapter 17 | Winter

Sasha's Bro: okay, no problem. Call  when you come back i'll pick you.

I blush seeing Ezra's message sitting in the hotel room. He could have just said an 'okay'.

I should change his name on my phone. He's now my good friend. Actually, I didn't except us to become friends so quickly. He knows about my family situation and on the top of that, I'm living in his home.

I change it to Ezra. Then I add Dumbhead. He doesn't deserve this name though. He is a very intelligent person. Actually I delete it because I figured a good name for him. I write Mr. Thinker Bell and quickly save it.

It is good enough? Maybe.

When I again see his contact I notice that I've added two Xs in front of his name.

Nevermind. I ignore it, leave the phone on the night side and start to prepare for tomorrow.

I lie on the bed at 11pm after having a small dinner and it creaks under my weight. The hotel is quite comfortable. It is not too big or small, just enough for a person to stay for a night or two. More ever, Mrs. Austin was very friendly and a warm person.

When she knew I was staying alone, she offered the room with the most 'working' lock. Although, I have to press hard for it to lock the door so I don't know what is the condition of other rooms.

I set my alarm for 6am. First in the morning, I have to go to Law & Co. the company which I'll be working with in next 4 months. They know that I'll be coming for an interview tomorrow as my professor -he is an alumni- has already recommend me there.

And then in the afternoon, I'll visit the associate University to check the dorms, campus in general, my schedule and whatever is needed to shift my final year there.

I really hope that everything will be good tomorrow. I'm confident in my internship but still there's this nervousness because if I don't get it, I don't think I've planned of anything else.

|||

I'm in the train on my way back to Houston. I've been away from the city for 2 days. I'm relieved that everything went great. There was no problem with the campus. Even I also booked a room for me and guess what?

I'm going to be a part of Law & Co. in next 4 months. I'm so happy. Finally there's something in my life I can control.

The person who comes to my mind to share the news is obviously Ezra.

I messaged him before the train departure that I'm coming back but he didn't reply. I think I'll be reach his home near 12 am. So at some point I have to call him. Sasha's not home because she had an outdoor camping program of one week in the countryside. So I can't call her.

I guess I'll wait till I reach Houston to call him. But I'll not let him pick me from the station. He has already done a lot of favours for me.

|||

I reach Ezra's home. There is silence in the neighborhood given it's 1 am. But there's not even a hint of silence near Ezra's home. The house is on the end of the whole neighborhood so if there's a noise from the house, the neighbors are not going to be disturbed at all.

I reach the main door and it's unlocked. Huh? That's not so good. I think there's a party going on inside. Maybe I should not go inside. Or maybe I can.

I leave my bag outside the house and hide it so no one can see it if they come. I open the door and a loud music greets me.

I walk in and indeed there's a party going on. Instead of  'partying', everyone stares at me. Actually, the boys stare at me. Shirtless, tall, muscular boys stare at me. I stand there with my open mouth. The music dies down. Suddenly all of them are jumping and running to find their shirts.