Chapter 6 | Ezra

"You know Winter, you can dig into my life.", I don't know why I said that but I really wanted to say it. But that doesn't sound so nice like it was in my head.

So to make it sound 'normal', I added,

"And that gives me the right to dig into your life as well, am I right?", I said it but it's not like I'm actually going to force her do that.

"Right.", she whispered.

"- you won't even listen to me when I said that I wanted a new phone.", Sasha continues her rambling about her problems with me. I kind of forgot about her that she is also here with us.

Wait, what! What a 'good' brother I am. But why would she want things she already have? In that, I would not support her. She needs to learn the importance of things when we have them. Because life is really too unpredictable. Won't know what we have for tomorrow. So I replied,

"Why you need a new when you already have one?"

"Because all my friends have new phones. All the latest one. I also want it!", she said to me in such an exaggerating way so that I could believe her. Kids.

"Then change your friends.", I said calmly but expecting a tantrum from her.

"Ezra!", Sasha shouts at me to which Winter chuckles softly.

At first, I thought I heard it wrong but when Sasha said more things against me and my 'cruelty' (to which in fact I'm not paying any attention ), she lets out a hearty laugh.

Without knowing what I was doing, I smile and at the same time I feel little tingles in my belly. Am I having butterflies? ONLY BY HEARING HER LAUGH?

Is there something wrong with me? I think I accidentally took more of our experimental tablets which we made yesterday for a project that would be presented to our head of department and if it is good then hopefully also to the Dean. So they are rather effective.

Yep! That's it. Must be the side effects of medicine.

So for the time being, I tried not to look at Winter. But as she's talking to Sasha and also involving me in it so I'm forced to look at her. At first I tired not to look at her but later I just gave up.

Now that I'm actually looking at her, I notice that she has freckles. Black hair, blue eyes and freckles? Quite an interesting combination. But she also have some bruises? On her cheeks??

Before I could ask about it, she is already getting up and then I realize that both of them has eaten. And now they are heading towards the living room. To do homework.

So I did what I have to do. Swallow my food hurriedly and join them on the study table. Although I've nothing to do there.

|||

It's been an hour and I'm still in the living room with Sasha and Winter, studying. Well, they are studying and I'm just scrolling through my phone. Because I've nothing better to do. I've done the studying earlier at the University.

I don't know but I actually find medicine easy. You just need to note down and memorize the difficult things of your lecture and the easy one will make sense sooner or later and will be done in no time. So it usually takes me a little time to got through my notes and actually learn all the things I need to know.

But when I tell my classmates about this technique, they say it's impossible. It might be for them but not for me. So back to the point, I've nothing to study at the moment.

Truth to be told,I'm just waiting for the right moment to start a conversation with Winter. But they both are so focused on their own work. Sasha with her English homework and Winter with a book that says 'Child Custody Cases'.