Chapter 2 | Ezra

Life is not going how I planned it, but when does our fate ever followed us. It is sure hard, but there is always a brighter side.

Ever since mom left -I don't know if she is worthy of this title- dad, me and Sasha for a 'better' man, lif's been going sideways. Yet it's better when mom and dad used to fight over petty matters which didn't even made sense like 'you didn't take the garbage out' or 'you didn't pack the kids' lunch'.

For goodness sake, I didn't even wanted lunch. I just wanted us to live together and love each other, but as I said life never follows us.

My decision to become a doctor is due to the fact that it would give me stable income and life. Also, medical isn't that boring or hard. Maybe you just have to give your undivided attention to it and for this I really have to find a tutor- more like a caretaker- for Sasha.I really need to do something for-

"Hey man, why are you staring at a- what is this-a half human arm??", Paul interruption my thoughts with his ridiculously loud voice. "And why it is open?"

"Mr. Evans! This is an anatomy class, so would you please like to respect and maintain its discipline?", Mrs.Black scolded him to which he apologized and then turns to me, "Hey, leave this mess and let's go to cafeteria, heard James' team won the match!".

"Good for him! Let's go." I replied then did the remaining stitches on my specimen, got rid of my gloves and finally washed my hands.

Mrs. Black is a good professor whose classes are amusing unlike Mrs. Lewis' psychology class which is unfortunately my next lecture. I don't know what's wrong with the lady that she keep giving us assignments and homework that is not even required at our level.

However, I don't mind them as long as they are easy and we don't have to work in pairs to 'learn new experiences'.

|||

After a long walk, me and Paul reach cafeteria. Annd James is surrounded by girls- a very usual sight. We often play basketball together and I must say he is hell of a player. It's not like I'm bad at it or something but his level is something else.

At that right moment, James sees me and Paul coming towards him. He smirks and motions to all the girls around him. ( James' typical behavior).

"Congrats on your win, bro!", Paul said and give a shoulder-hug to him and then I do the same.

"Well it was nothing. Girls were there to see me, couldn't disappoint them", James brags on which me and Paul rolled our eyes.

"Enough of your 'mightiness', let's go eat something, didn't do breakfast."

"Well, none of my mistake though.", mumbled James.

"Don't come,I'm going with Ezra."

"Okay wait! My bros are too dramatic."

Annd a day with James is never boring.

|||

After having a good meal, we are now in the homeroom of the most boring lecture of the day: psychology. Mrs. Lewis walked in the same way as everyday and start teaching us something I know.

So instead we - by which I mean me, Paul and James - turn it into our 'problem- sharing session'. We started this tradition in our first semester when we started to find this lecture boring and now its our routine.