Chapter 13 | Winter

I haven't been home for 2 days except for a short detour during the afternoon. When I reached home, front door was unlocked and there was no noises at all. I also didn't know if my father was there or not.

I really hope that he hasn't snooped in my things-documents, clothes, mom's photos from my childhood, bank documents.

Well, my room is locked but I don't trust him. That is the sole reason why I want to go home and check if all my things are intact. But I couldn't. I kept replying that night.

He had hit me before but not with the intention of killing me. Now I feel as if it is necessary to leave that home if I don't want to die.

That is why I won't live there. Absolutely not. I can stay in University or a library or any other place. I can't stay outside because of the upcoming harsh weather. That's what dreading me the most.

Life was good before but now that I have only 4 months to go, it's becoming unbearable. Also studies are getting tough as it's my second last year.

My final year can be completed in New York alongside with my internship as I've already talked about it with my professor.

So in these days, I've kept myself as busy as possible by studying, spending time with Sasha and taking as much classes as I can.

Even right now, I'm sitting in Business Law class even though it's not in my domain. I'm trying to soak up as much as I can. But it is exhausting. I feel too much tired that I want to lie down somewhere peaceful and and never get up.

As soon as the class was over, I get up and rush towards the cafeteria.
As usual, there is no empty table. Neither can I see Erza. If he had been here, I could seat with him. I can say that we're quite familiar with each other. Or I'm just imagining things?

Actually, I only saw him today when I came to me when I was sitting near the law building. When he asked me about my red, puffy eyes.

What could I have possibly said? That I cried for 2 hours straight because of my pathetic life? Not a good choice.

And why did I rest my head on his shoulder? What was I thinking? I was glad that he didn't push me away.

Hmm. Sometimes it's good to have friends.

Coming back from my thoughts. I take my sandwich and instead of sitting in the cafeteria to eat it, I had it while going to the library.

Thank God that library is almost empty. So I opened my bag and take out every notes I've made in the past two weeks. Well, it's just two textbooks though.

By the time I've to go to Sasha, I've completed one textbook. Guess I'll just read the next one at her home.

These days, she's having her mid terms so I have to spend more time there.

Sometimes I reach my home at 10 or 11pm. That's better because that way, I can stay in my house for a short time as I'm usually up by 6 a.m for University.

I think today I should go home more late than usual because I'm getting an unpleasant feeling by the thought of going there. Be alone there with my father.

Instead of thinking more about it. I walk towards the exit of University.

|||

When I reach Ezra's home, Sasha was already present at the table but she is still wearing her uniform.

"Hey Sasha! How did your English exam went?", I ask her while putting my things on table.