Chapter 18 | Ezra

We're are currently in the middle of our -mine, Paul & James- go-to movie,  The Italian Job.

We prepared some snacks, blankets and James brought some drinks. Today is Sasha's last day on the outskirts camp so tomorrow afternoon,she would be home.

The main characters are in the middle of a crucial scene but I'm not paying any attention to it. Because I'm still remembering my and Winter's conversation from the morning.

I've never talked to anyone about the details. Even both of my friends only knows that my parents got a divorce but don't know why.

Seeing Winter, I kind of forget my problems. Although she doesn't say much but her eyes really speaks for her. I have a feel that even if I dump all my problems on her, she would help me overcome it.

But I'll never do that, she already has a lot of things going in her life. I might have lose my one parent but she has lost both of her parents one way or another.

Suddenly I feel a head near my shoulder. I turn to my side and there's Winter, sleeping. We had this breakfast too early. We all slept at 3 am and woke at 8am. Even more, she travelled from almost 6 hours. So it's a given that she will sleep.

Instead of waking her up, I place her head on my shoulder gently and cover her legs up to her torso with a blanket laying near. As my hand was already at her back of the couch. She snuggles close to me and end up wrapping her hands around my waist.

James let out a 'hmm' sound. When a look up, both are watching me with a smirk. I mouth 'what' but they just shrug and divert their gazes to the movie.

So infuriating.

I glance down at Winter and she's so close. At this distance I can easily see her freckles. When she breath out I can feel it on my neck which stops my own breath. She let out a soft groan and comes closer to my side.

And like this, neither she woke up nor I breath normally the whole movie. I kept playing with her hair which were so soft and smooth that I absolutely didn't let go the whole time.

The end credits roll down and James and Paul start to gather the bottles and wrappers from the table. But I'm seated in my place.

Everytime their gazes connect with me, they smile devilishly. I guess a train of questions is waiting for me when we are alone.

First they are whispering while I'm trying to get out of Winter's grasp but the James speaks loudly- enough to wake Winter-," See you in basketball court, Ezra."

She startles and wakes up and she watches all of us with a shock expression.

"Happy morning, Winter? Hope you're feeling good. I think Ezra's chest is quite comfortable. How is it? I never tried laying on it.", Paul says smacking my chest. I give him a death glare which he doesn't acknowledge.

I'm about to say something but Winter gives us a small smile and dashes towards her room.

"Met us in the University, bro! See ya.", James says and both of them are already heading towards the door.

*Googles how long can a person avoid talking to another person.*

|||

I walk into my phycology lecture room to find Winter in her usual seat. Ever since I came up to sit with her that day, I've been sitting with her.

I haven't talked to Winter or my friends since the time we met in my house. Just like I choose not to talk to Paul and James, Winter has decided not to talk to me.