Chapter 19 | Winter

There is definitely someone entering house. My breath picks up. What if it's a robber or what if it's him?

Usually you can't hear if someone is at the main door. But I was in kitchen to fill up my bottle when I hear the shuffling of key. Now I start panting.

It's been raining heavily all day so it could be the rain. I really have a bad relation with rain.

I stumble towards my room nervously but then I hear opening of a door. Now I'm full on shivering. Instead of going to my room, I dash towards Ezra's room.

He has been behaving......weird lately. No eye contact. He sometimes doesn't complete his sentences. Maybe he's fed up with me.

But right now I can't afford to think about it. I knock on his door. He replies irritatedly. I might be right.

I enter and before I could think what I was doing, I'm already in his bed and crying.

He asks me, "Hey, what happened Freckles?"

I merely muttered what's the matter. I didn't think he understands me but his demeanor changes.

"Where?", he holds me and I already feel safe.

I touch his chest and..... he's not wearing a shirt. He stiffs under my touch and I remove my hand.

We get up. Ezra wears a black T-shirt and holds a golf stick- which was already there- and goes out of the room.

I follow him and grasp his shirt. We reach living room but there's no one. Maybe it was only my mind. But then we heard rustling from the kitchen.

I flinch and he notices it. He holds me hand and whispers, "Hey, I'll see. You go inside." I shake my head.

He tightens his grip on the stick and goes straight in the kitchen. He turns on the light and he says something that surprise me because he's surprised as well,

"Dad?"

"Hmm..... Hi? Why are holding my club?", Ezra's dad says and gazes towards me- who must be looking like a fool to him.

"Who's this girl, Ezra?", He points at me. "Are you already living with your girlfriend? With your sister?", he whisper-yells. I let go of Ezra's shirt.

"Uh....no dad. She's not my girlfriend."

"You're hooking up at home?! I thought you were a good brother.", he says with disappoinment.

"No Dad! It's not like that at all. Winter is Sasha's tutor. Can we sit first and talk?"

He looks at me suspiciously and finds his way to couch.

"Uh.... Freckles? Can I tell him?", He looks at with pleading eyes. I shake my head in a yes but nothing comes out of my mouth because of embarrassment or fear.... I don't know.

We all sit down and Ezra tells him the story. My story. I kept my head down and didn't see their reactions. If I look at them, I'll cry. I kept hearing the previous fews weeks of my life from Ezra and occasionally okays and grasps from Mr. Rodriguez. I think he also muttered something like fucking bastard.

When Ezra finally finishes the story from the past 3 months till today, Mr. Rodriguez chuckles.

"Wow, that's a lot to take. I'm really sorry if I scared you and I hope Winter that my boy is treating you well.", he says to me.

"No. Mr. Rodriguez, I'm sorry that I misunderstood. And I'm grateful that he's letting me stay here."

Upon hearing my words, Mr. Rodriguez smirks and Ezra shifts uncomfortably beside me. Did I said something wrong?