Chapter 8 | Ezra

I hop on my bike after buying pads, some chocolates and ibuprofen from nearest convenient store-which was 15 minutes far from my home.

I don't know if they hurt her or not. Also I decided not to ask her. I guess she was embarrassed judging her face which was red.

Why was she so embarrassed about it? Isn't this normal and also, I have a sister. I have to do all these things eventually.

But for now I better hurry home to go to my girls.

My Girls!! What? Where did this thought come from? It's okay to say it for Sasha but for Winter.....

Without pondering much, I give ignition to my bike and take the road to my home.

|||

I enter living room to find Sasha still scribbling on her book. I told her to go to sleep but I guess siblings don't listen. They ignore each other like we ignore the instructions while starting a game.

"Sasha, I told you to sleep."

She gives me a duh look and says, "It's only 7! Besides I want to see Winter first if she's okay then I'll sleep."

"Okay as you wish and here's chocolate for you." I hand her the chocolate which she takes happily from me.

"And I'll check on her for you so you can go now.", I tell but I don't think that she paid any attention because she again starts to write. So I leave her there and go to my room.

I knock on the door and say, "Hey Winter, can I come in?" but there was no reply.

Guess she's in bathroom. So I clutch the door handle to open it then I heard Winter say,

"No! Don't come in." Her voice is muffled and sounds a little dry.

"Okay, but take the pa-things you need from me." As I just finish saying, the door opens and a small hand appears from behind it.

I chuckle and give the shopping bag to her.

After some time, Winter walks in the living room with her pants in her hands and wearing mine.

Oh Man. She is wearing my favorite trousers. I think I forgot to think for a while. It's sure does make me feel something.

I mean an alive, breathing girl wearing my clothes in my own house but at the same time,I feel as if she's saying something.

"What is it?"

"I said can you tell me where is your washing machine?"

Before I could say anything to her, Sasha beats me by saying, "I can!"

I watch both of them go leaving me with my thoughts and Sasha's maths book.

After they come back, we have dinner while Sasha is rambling about a teacher she likes. But Winter is very quiet today. She usually asks Sasha questions but today she's just nodding and occasionally giving her a small smile.

It seems that she's still awkward with me. That's why she's also not meeting my eyes. Guess I have to lay the first stone.

|||

After dinner, Winter said that she would wash the dishes but I told her to rest as she's having her period. Hearing me say this, her cheeks turn pink making me smile like a fool.
Thank God she didn't notice.

She dashes to Sasha's room while making an excuse to check on her. But I already know that she would be fast sleep by now.

She comes back and informs me that she's sleeping which I had known already. By that time, I'm done with the dishes so I say,