6

I woke up in the middle of the night on JJ's couch, drenched in sweat. I grabbed my chest and looked around the room. Curtains. Tv. Books. Open door. JJ asleep on the bed. Should I talk to her? No...we have work tomorrow I don't wanna make her tired. But she did say I could talk if I need it. I just really don't wanna be alone right now. I went through circles in my mind until I decided to get up. "JJ?" I knocked on her door and leaned on her mattress.

"What?" She mumbled and opened her eyes sleepily, looking at the time which read 2:34 before looking to me.

"Can I sleep here? I don't feel safe in there." I said, she nodded and pulled the blanket down. I closed the door before going back to her bed.

"Did you have a bad dream?" I nodded and she flipped over so she was facing me.

"Yeah." I breathed out. She sighed and pushed the hair out of my face. I felt a good sense of calm in my chest and an excited feeling in my stomach.

"Wanna talk about it or do you wanna go to bed?" I shrugged and she nodded, closing her eyes. I closed my eyes too and tried to sleep.

30 minutes later I heard JJ's voice. "Are you awake?" I didn't answer. I heard her sigh contently and then she pushed my hair behind my ears. I felt her lips graze my forehead. "You're so beautiful. And you're safe with me. I promise." She kissed my forehead softly and then put her arms around me, pulling her closer to me. I felt my face burn up as she started to play with my hair. I drifted off to sleep a few minutes later.

We woke up at 6:30. She was lying on her back with her arm underneath me. "Are you finally up? My arm fell asleep." She said with a laugh.

"Oh...sorry." I quickly sat up and got my bag where I always keep an extra toiletry bag. I went to her bathroom and brushed my teeth and my hair. "JJ, I need some clothes."

"No problem." She went to her closet and picked out an outfit for me.

"Thank you for saying I was beautiful." I told her, seeing her freeze out of the corner of my eye.

"You heard that?"

"Yeah." I blushed as I walked back to the bathroom.

"Well let me see the rest of your beautiful body." I turned to her and she was smirking. Damn. That was bold. "Sorry was that too forward?" She seemed genuinely concerned.

"No, no, you're ok. I'm just gonna go into the bathroom to change." She nodded and I came back out in two minutes.

"Wanna stop for coffee on the way there?" I nodded and buckled my seat belt.

"Oh yeah sure." I pulled my wallet out of my bag. "Oh fuck. Fuck fuck fuck."

"What?" She pulled into the coffee shop parking lot.

"I forgot to pay my rent for this month and my landlord shut off my water and lights and it's gonna be off for a week." I groaned and looked through my bag. "And I forgot my toiletry bag."

"It's ok. You can stay with me for a week."

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course." We got out of the car and ordered some coffee. They made it pretty quickly so we were able to get to work pretty quickly.

"Hey." Reid said as I sat down on my desk. "Why are you wearing JJ's clothes?" He asked.

"What?"

"Those are JJ's clothes. She's worn that outfit four times."

"Dang. Are you like obsessed with her or something?" I joked, taking a sip of my coffee.

"No. Eidetic memory." I nodded and checked my email. "So...why are you wearing her clothes."

"I stayed at her apartment last night." I said in a quiet voice. "Do not tell anyone Reid. I swear to God-"

"Is there anything going on between you two?"

"No!" I said defensively. There wasn't anything...just a little flirting.

"Did you sleep in the same bed?" I didn't answer his question. "Oh my God are you two dating?" He whispered excitedly.

"No, we're not! My water and lights turned off because I forgot to pay my rent and bills and I needed a place to stay. I just moved here she's my best friend right now." He nodded and let it go.

"I think you two are meant for each other."