44

JJ and I were patrolling the streets together, investigating a series of shootings in Nashville. "It's probably a red neck." I said, she laughed and nodded in agreement.

"I wouldn't bet money against it." I had my hand on my gun as we walked down to the end of the block where all the shootings had taken place. "After our shift do you wanna grab a sandwich?"

"Yes." I said excitedly as we turned around, walking back to where we came from. "Jimmy John's?" She nodded and kissed me on the cheek. I looked around as I saw that there were less people on the street, then I checked the time. "If he's here...he'll kill within 10 minutes." I looked down the straight and saw the alleyway that I had been keeping an eye on.

"What?"

"Come here." We stayed close to the walls and made our way down to the alleyway. I heard scuffling and I poked my head around the corner, seeing someone with a mask dragging a body away. "FBI! PUT THE BODY DOWN NOW!" I shouted, pointing my gun at him. He dropped the body and grabbed a gun out of his belt. Before I could shoot he shot at me twice. The gun made no sound but it hit my in my abdomen. I fell down to my knees and clutched my stomach. JJ fired at him twice and I heard his body fall down to the ground.

"Cam...Cam?" I fell down onto my stomach and she turned me over.

"It hurts." I gasped.

"This is JJ. We need backup on 131st. Alleyway by the tattoo shop." She said into her ear piece. "Send a medic, agent down."

"JJ..."

"What is it baby?" She put her hand behind my neck to support my head and then put her other hand over the bullet wounds, putting pressure on it to try to stop the bleeding. "Talk to me." I shook my head slowly and started to close my eyes. "Nope. No. Do not even think about closing your eyes." I felt a tear fall down my cheek. She wiped it away and shook her head. "Look at me...Cam look at me." I made eye contact with her and saw that there were tears falling down her cheeks. I heard sirens but they sounded miles away.

"It hurts." I said again.

"I know baby but people are coming."

"They won't get here in time."

"Hey no. Do not say that." She wiped away another tear on my face and I saw that her hands were covered in blood. My blood. I started to close my eyes again. "Stop." I tried to open my eyes again but I felt my body getting heavy.

"JJ..."

"You're going to be ok."

"Let me go."

"No. No." She was fighting back sobs. "Don't say that."

"You have to let me go JJ."

"No." Her voice cracked as she held my face in her hands. "Don't leave me."

"It's ok." I gave her one last small smile before everything went black.

*3rd Person*

JJ picked up Camden's unconscious body bridal style. Her heart was still beating weakly and far in between. She wasn't dead yet but she would be in a minute. "Morgan. She's dying." JJ sobbed, putting Cam on the stretcher from the ambulance.

"It's going to be ok." JJ shook her head.

"It's Cam. It's Cam. It's my fiancée. I can't lose her." JJ's hands were shaking and she turned away. "I don't want her to go." Morgan put his arm around JJ's shoulders and she sobbed.

"She'll be ok. I promise." JJ looked up as she saw them hook up a heart monitor. It was beeping every few seconds, it got slower and slower and eventually it flatlined.

"NO! NO!" JJ screamed through sobs, rushing over to Camden's now dead body. "No. No. You can't be dead. Open your eyes-"

"Ms, we can try to get her heart to start again but we need you to step away." JJ nodded and watched as they shocked her fiancées dead body, trying to her her heart to stop again.

"Don't go. Don't go." JJ pleaded to herself.

The heart monitor turned back on again. Everything was going to be ok.