10 ⚠️

⚠️ PANIC ATTACK ⚠️

Spencer and I were staying back at the San Diego Police Department to connect the dots on the murders while the rest of the team went out to do further investigation at the crime scenes. "So Cam. Are you 100% sure that nothing is going on between you and JJ?" Spencer said.

"Things have changed since you last asked." I told him.

"Oh my God you have to tell me what happened." He turned away from the board and listened to me intently.

"She kissed me last night. And we're gonna go out for coffee."

"Yes! I knew something was happening! I'm never wrong about these things!" He went back to looking at the board but he wouldn't stop smiling. I walked over to my phone once I heard it ring.

"Hey beautiful." I heard JJ's voice on the other line.

"Hey...did you find anything?" I spoke quietly so Spencer couldn't listen in on our conversation.

"We found some fingerprints on the body and we're running them through our system."

"That's good. Over here we found that all the bodies are positioned exactly a quarter mile away from each other and they're forming some sort of star thing."

"A pentagram."

"I failed geometry JJ." I let out a sigh.

"Is it upside down?"

"Yeah."

"Ok." She hung up abruptly and I walked back over to Spencer.

"It's a pentagram." He said, drawing a circle around the upside down star. "According to the scale the circle would be-"

"Spencer I failed geometry so everything you're saying right now is going in one ear and out the other." He nodded and stopped talking. "Do you think he's gonna want to make a circle of bodies?"

"We can't tell yet."

A few hours later the rest of the team came back to the police department. I felt someone put their hands on my shoulders and whisper into my ears. "Everyone's leaving. Wanna go get some coffee now?" I nodded and JJ kissed my cheek. Reid glanced at us but then walked away. I stood up and sighed tiredly.

"I really need some coffee." She laughed and put her arm around my shoulders before walking down the street to the nearest coffee shop.

"It's on me." She said, I nodded and looked around the room. There weren't many people in here. The bathroom is in the back. Two baristas. "Cam?"

"What?"

"What do you want?"

"I don't care." She nodded and I went back to looking around the place. Something wasn't right. "JJ." I whispered, reaching for the gun on my side.

"What's wrong?" She turned to me and saw the worry in my eyes.

"JJ can we leave."

"Why?" She scanned the room and obviously didn't see anything suspicious.

"Sorry I don't know, can we just get it to go back to the room?" She nodded and grabbed our coffee, putting her arm around me and leading us back to the room.

"What's wrong?" She said after closing the door.

"I don't know. I just felt like something bad was gonna happen." I sat down on the bed and took a sip of coffee.

"Do you still feel like that?" She went to the cabinet and started searching for something.

"Yeah but it's fine JJ, I don't need anything." I took another sip of my coffee and then put my head in between my knees. I felt the bed sip next to me and I felt her hand on my back. "JJ I need some space." I breathed out.

"I'm right here." She didn't back away. "No one's going to hurt you. You're safe right here." She whispered, kissing the back of my head.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I sat up and stared straight ahead, getting my breathing under control.

"It's ok." She rubbed my back and I leaned my head on her shoulder. "Are you ok now?"

"Yeah. It was really dark in there. Just reminded me...I'm sorry. This normally doesn't happen. Like at all it's normally in my apartment not in public." She nodded and rubbed my arm.

"You don't need to apologize for it." She took a sip of her coffee and kissed the top of my head. "I'm just glad you're ok."