17

"Are you ready to talk with the families?" Hotch asked me as we drove together.

"Yes." I asked as we drove through an abandoned street. "Goddamn how long is this road?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I haven't seen a car in miles." He told me as we stared down the endless street.

"Wait. Hotch."

"What is it?"

"There's a car. In that driveway." I said, pointing down the road. "But the house is abandoned."

"That's weird."

"The only thing that looks new is the door. It has like five locks on it. Hotch we need to check this out."

"I'm with you on this one." He stopped the car and watched as someone came out of the house. Hotch stopped the engine so it didn't look suspicious. I pulled out the photos of the missing kids when I saw the man roughly pull a pre teen girl out of the door.

"Hotch that's Madeline."

"I know."

"Follow him." He nodded and started the car, following it loosely.

We followed him a couple miles until he stopped the car. We waited until he stepped out of the car with the girl until we got out of the car "FBI, don't move!" Hotch said, aiming his gun at the man. The man put his hands up, looking down in the ditch. I ran to the dutch and saw the 2 other missing girls. Naked and dead. I gulped and it took everything in me to not break down. How could someone be this demented? I turned around and saw Hotch put him in handcuffs. I dialed Morgan.

"Morgan this is Cam. We found Madeline. The other two are dead." I said when Morgan picked up the phone. "Hotch put him in handcuffs. I have Madeline." I hung up and walked over to Madeline. "Honey it's ok. It's ok." I put my hand on her shoulder and she started to sob. "It's all over now. It's all over." I picked her up and walked her over to the car.

"Where are my parents?" She asked me through sobs. I sat in the backseat with her.

"They're waiting for you. You'll see them really soon. We're just waiting for backup. My name is Cam, you're safe now." She nodded and started sobbing even harder. I put my arms around her and held her against me while we waited for backup.

10 minutes later the rest of the team got here as well as the St. Louis police. They took him away in their cruiser and Madeline and I walked out. "Is she ok?" JJ whispered to me.

"I don't think so." I whispered back. "I'm going to stay with you, ok? Are you hurt?"

"I don't know." She said, her voice was more even now as she wasn't sobbing.

"What do you mean?"

"It hurts."

"Where honey, where does it hurt." She didn't say anything and my heart stopped. "Can you take your jacket off honey?" She shook her head. "Why not?"

"He didn't want me to tell anyone." She whispered. I put my hand on her shoulder and the car started moving.

"It's ok." She started to cry again and I hugged her until we got to the hospital.

"Did she say anything?" JJ asked as she rushed up to me.

"I think he hurt her JJ. I'm going to talk to her after she gets out of examination." She nodded and hugged me. "The other two are dead."

"Yeah. I heard." She sighed.

"Do you know how they died?"

"We haven't heard back from the mortician." She said, looking around the hospital.

"How long do examinations usually take?"

"Around an hour."

"So we have half an hour." She nodded and we sat down. I rubbed my temple while I bounced my leg.

"Are you ok?" She out her hand on my knee and caressed it.

"If that dipshit did what I think he did to her...I don't know what to do. Someone that young...I don't know how she's gonna get past it."

"She'll be ok."

"We don't know that." I took a deep breath and brushed her hand away when Hotch walked in. She was still looking at me when he walked in, looking hurt. "Hotch." I whispered to her.

"Cam, she's ready. You can talk to her."