13

JJ had taken me to a really nice place for dinner. There was dim lighting and it was super romantic. "Do you like it?" She asked me as we walked in. I grabbed her hand gently and nodded. "We have a reservation." She told the seater. "Jareau for 2." We followed her to our table and took them menus she handed us.

"What type of wine do you want?" JJ asked me.

"Um...red." She nodded and chose something from the menu. One bottle of it came to our table and I tried it. It was good.

"Are you excited for the weekend?" She asked as she took a sip.

"Yes. This week has been very stressful." I breathed out, scanning the menu. "Do you know if they have nachos?"

"I bring you to a fancy romantic restaurant and you want nachos?" She asked while laughing. I couldn't tell if she was annoyed or not. "I'm sure we can figure something out." She bit her lip and my face flushed.

"Do they have them or do we have to ask?"

"They have them." She flipped the menu over and pointed.

"Ok. Then I know what I want." She smiled widely and put the menu down.

"Have you liked the past 3 months in the BAU?" She asked me, leaving forward.

"Yes. It's been a lot of fun working with you. Thank you for being so nice to me when you really didn't have to."

"Well, you're part of the team. Plus you're really pretty." I blushed and I heard her laugh softly. I looked up and saw that she was tapping the table.

"What's wrong?"

"I have a question I want to ask you."

"Ok, ask it."

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I smiled widely as I processed her words.

"Of course! I really want to get up to hug you right now but I feel like people would stare." She laughed and I leaned forward to kiss her across the table.

We got our food twenty minutes later and I started devouring my nachos. "Dang I didn't know you liked nachos so much."

"I sense judgment."

"No, I'm not judging."

"I'm really hungry I didn't have time for lunch."

"Don't skip lunch to do work." She told me. "I know you don't eat breakfast and you need to eat."

"I know. I do eat. I just didn't eat lunch today." I said once I swallowed my food.

"Ok." She took a bite of her pasta and then took a sip of the wine.

"The wine pairs well with the nachos. It's kind of weird." I said, finishing my wine. JJ started laughing and I smiled at the sound. "I know this is only our second date but I feel like I've known you my entire life."

"Well you've known me 3 months. You live with me." She said.

"Yeah." I smiled to myself as I remembered the first time she called me beautiful when she thought I was asleep.

"The Bureau is my family. But you're the most important thing in my life."

"I've never had someone say that to me before."

"Have you ever been in a relationship?"

"Yes." I told her while nodding. "Not the best parts of my life." She laughed softly and we both finished our food.

"Are you ready to go home?" She asked while paying the bill. I nodded and stood up. She put her arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head. "Did you like it."

"Yeah. I did." I turned my head and kissed her cheek. "Thank you."

"No problem." She smiled and we both got into the car. "Anything else you wanna do tonight?"

"Sleep. Cuddle." I offered.

"I like that idea." She whispered and leaned across the console to kiss me. She put her hand on the side of my face and deepened the kiss.

"JJ let's go home before we do that." I said, kissing her one last time before pulling away.

"Ok beautiful. Whatever you say." She started the car and drove home. I knew it was gonna be a fun night.