c h a p t e r s i x t e e n

" Can we always be this close forever and ever?"

Y/N Southgate- 'Lover'

August 10, 2021

The sun shone brightly as Y/N and Mason ventured out for a day of leisure, hoping to create joyful memories with Pressley. They strolled through the bustling streets, their steps light and their laughter infectious. Y/N's heart felt lightened by Mason's presence, grateful for the support he offered during this challenging time.

As they wandered through shops, Y/N's eyes sparkled with excitement as she spotted a beautiful dress that caught her attention. She held it up against herself, envisioning how it would look. Mason's gaze fixed on her, a warmth radiating from his eyes.

"You'd look amazing in that," he commented, a genuine smile gracing his lips. "It complements your features perfectly."

Encouraged by his words, Y/N decided to try on the dress. She disappeared into the fitting room, her mind a whirlwind of emotions. The anticipation of a fresh start, combined with the pain of recent events, weighed heavily upon her.

As Y/N stood in front of the mirror, admiring the dress, a sudden realization washed over her. A flicker of fear and uncertainty crept into her heart. She clutched her stomach, a sense of emptiness replacing the hope that had once filled her.

Her hand trembled as she left the fitting room, her gaze meeting Mason's concerned eyes. Without uttering a word, he sensed her distress and pulled her into a comforting embrace. Tears welled up in Y/N's eyes as she whispered through choked sobs, "I've had a miscarriage."

Mason held her tightly, his heart breaking at her loss. He whispered soothing words, his voice filled with empathy and compassion. "I'm here for you, Y/N. You're not alone. We'll get through this together."

They sat together, seeking solace in each other's presence. Mason listened as Y/N poured out her heart, the pain and grief intertwining with the love and hope that had once blossomed within her.

In that moment, the dynamics of their relationship shifted. They were no longer just friends but two souls intertwined by shared experiences and shared loss. Mason's support became an anchor for Y/N, providing her with the strength to navigate the depths of her emotions.

As the day drew to a close, Y/N and Mason returned home, their hearts heavy but their connection fortified. They held Pressley close, cherishing the precious moments of joy that she brought to their lives.

In the quiet of the evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, Y/N found solace in Mason's presence. They sat together, their bodies entwined on the couch, sharing tears, laughter, and memories of what might have been.

Though the pain of their loss remained, Y/N and Mason discovered an unspoken bond—an understanding born from shared grief. In the darkness, they found comfort, supporting each other as they navigated the complex emotions that came with the loss of their unborn child.

As the night embraced them, Y/N and Mason vowed to honor their child's memory, to find healing and strength in each other's arms. And as they drifted off to sleep, their bodies intertwined, they found solace in the knowledge that they were not alone in their journey of healing and hope.