c h a p t e r f i f t y - t h r e e

"You are the best thing that's ever been mine"

Y/N Southgate - 'Mine'

The next morning, Y/N woke up to find her computer open, and to her surprise, the video from their London adventure had been edited. A warm smile stretched across her face as she realized that Mason had taken it upon himself to finish the edit. Impressed and appreciative of his gesture, she decided to show her gratitude in her own unique way.

As Mason started to stir awake, Y/N leaned in, capturing his lips in the longest and most tender kiss she could muster. When she finally pulled away, she left him momentarily baffled.

Mason blinked, his gaze fixed on her. "That's nice," he mused, a hint of curiosity in his eyes. "What was that for?"

She smiled playfully, "Just because."

Soon after, Mason had to get ready for his training session, so Y/N took it upon herself to wake Pressley with exciting news.

"Hey, little one, guess what? We're going to watch Daddy's training today."

Pressley's eyes lit up with excitement. "Really? That's awesome!"

However, the downside was Y/N's scheduled two days a week of 'school' at Manchester United, something she thoroughly disliked. When Mason played at Chelsea, she had a similar arrangement, though it usually ended with her fleeing the classroom, running through the training center, and eventually hiding in an elevator until the lesson was over.

But at United, there was no opportunity for escape. She had to endure three hours of math, which felt like torture to her. Math, she detested it with a passion. The experience was a stark reminder of her teenage years in Portsmouth, where she would frequently annoy her teacher and be sent out of the classroom. She often resorted to running around the school with members of the Senior Leadership Team in pursuit, only to end up pretending she'd been sitting quietly outside the math class the whole time.

However, Y/N soldiered through the math lesson at United. Once it was over, she rejoined Mason and watched his training session. He was in top form, which couldn't help but make her think about how great he looked in those United colors.

After training, Mason had some sports science lessons to attend, and Pressley wanted to play football. The two of them headed out onto the pitch for a spirited 1v1 match, which ended with Pressley emerging as the victor. Y/N had intentionally let her daughter win, and both Pressley and Mason were astounded.

Mason decided to take Pressley for a walk, leaving Y/N to practice a Maradona kick, a skill she'd always wanted to perfect. On her very first attempt, the ball went exactly where she had aimed, sailing into the top left corner of the goal. Ecstatic with her achievement, she couldn't wait to share it with Mason.

After Pressley woke up from her nap, they hopped in the car and headed home. During the ride, Mason mentioned, "You know, moments like that, I think you could've made it as a pro."

Y/N, touched by the compliment, smiled and responded, "I love football, but hockey was always my sport. I'm grateful for the opportunity to captain my club's first team and to captain England at the Olympics."

As the car journey continued, they chatted and enjoyed each other's company. When they finally arrived home, they put Pressley to bed and settled into their own evening, content and full of love for the life they were building together.