c h a p t e r f i f t y - e i g h t

Let me love you, kiss you, oh baby, let me miss you"

Y/N Southgate - 'Beautiful Eyes'

The England camp was a hive of activity as Y/N arrived to help out. Her father, the manager, was busy overseeing the preparations for the upcoming matches. Mason, unfortunately, hadn't been called up due to his recent injury, but that didn't stop Y/N from immersing herself in the excitement.

As the players began to arrive, Y/N greeted each one with a warm smile and a genuine interest in their well-being. Harry Kane, the captain, was one of the first to show up. They had a lengthy conversation about his move to Bayern. Y/N admired Kane's dedication to the team and his passion for the sport.

Jordan Henderson, the experienced midfielder, shared insights into his role as a leader both on and off the pitch. Y/N could see the respect his teammates held for him, and Henderson was gracious enough to acknowledge the importance of unity within the squad.

Jude Bellingham, the rising star, was a joy to talk to. Y/N, having seen him grow since his Birmingham City days, was curious about his journey to the national team. Bellingham's enthusiasm for the game was infectious, and Y/N appreciated his humility despite his rapid rise.

Phil Foden, with his boyish charm, shared stories of life at Manchester City and City's plan of how to lift the Premier League title for yet another consecutive season. Y/N enjoyed hearing about his experiences and admired his technical skills on the field.

Declan Rice was the next to arrive and Y/N talked about how much she wanted Arsenal to win the Premier League and she knew that the midfielder was the way they would win it.

As night fell, the training sessions concluded,the friendly atmosphere settled over the camp. Y/N, standing on the pitch, was approached by Phil Foden with a playful gleam in his eye. "Fancy a 1v1, Y/N?"

A grin spread across her face. "You're on, Phil."

Declan, always ready to capture memorable moments, pulled out his phone and started recording. The friendly duel between Y/N and Phil showcased their skills and competitiveness. In the end, Y/N emerged victorious, scoring a cheeky goal that drew cheers from the onlooking players.

Later that evening, as Y/N scrolled through her messages, she noticed Mason had viewed Declan's private story of her 1v1 victory. She could almost imagine the proud smile on Mason's face as he watched her play.

Back at home, Mason sat in awe of the woman he loved. Watching Y/N on the screen, a realization struck him with profound certainty – he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.