Never Forget (pt. 1)

The last thing I remembered was Lockwood calling my name and the ghost stretching its arms toward me and then...

Complete darkness.

Lockwood POV

I rushed to Lucy's side at once. Her arm and upper chest were rapidly turning blue.

'GEORGE!! CALL DEPRAC RIGHT NOW!!' I cursed softly under my breath. If I had just gone to save Lucy a minute earlier, she wouldn't be in this state. I suddenly felt a wave of anger rush over me.

How dare she go out of the chains?!!? Lucy was constantly putting us in danger by using her psychic abilities to get a "connection" with the ghost.

But soon enough, my worry took over. I could never stay mad at Lucy. I bent over till my lips were touching her ear.

'Luce..' my voice was breaking already. 'Luce...you can't leave us. You can't leave me. Not yet. Because... I haven't told you that... I love you.' Tears ran down my face all the way to Lucy's cheek. 

Suddenly, some officers shoved me aside and put Lucy in a carrier, and took her to an ambulance.

Lucy POV

'...I love you.' Something me in awoke when I heard him say those words. I tried to push away the invisible chains that pushed me aside and tell him I loved him too. I wanted to cup his cheek and brush away the tears that were falling on me, but I felt myself being lifted off the ground, and away from Lockwood.

Lockwood POV

I watched as a DEPRAC officer knelt beside me and said: She's alive. I breathed out a sigh of relief.

'But she's weak and exhausted... so nothing that will make her heart rate speed up. And no cases for 1 month. Take good care of her and let her rest.' I nodded.

She was alive. And now I had to somehow figure out a way to make sure she didn't know I told her I loved her. Why? Because I was scared she didn't love me back.

Lucy POV

I turned in my bed. It had been a week since I returned from the hospital, and I still hadn't told Lockwood I had heard him. One reason was probably because I thought it wasn't real. The second reason was that I was still figuring out my feelings for him.

I walked carefully to the door and opened it. Standing there was Lockwood, mid-knock. I gaped at him then cleared my throat and told him to come in. He stood near the windows, nervously looking down at his shoes. He glanced at me.

'So...I wanted to ask you...if you...when you were...ghost-touched...I...uhm...told you something. Did you...hear it?'

I stared at him, eyes wide open. So it was true. He loved me. But I didn't know if I loved him too. I mean, I knew what I felt for him wasn't friendship, but was it love?

'Yeah...' he opened his eyes in shock. 'But only some.' I could see the relief on his face.

'You said I couldn't go because you had to tell me something. But I blacked out before you could tell me what. So? What is it?'

'Oh...uhm...nothing important. Bye!' And with that, he ran down the stairs. Well, Lockwood wasn't planning on telling me the truth. Sadly, there was only one person...or rather, thing...that I could go to. 

I went and got the skull.